Expensive Steering Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
This guy sure asks top dollar for everything ....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-burl...567323336QQcategoryZ10398QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy it now £300 ???? ok its a nice wheel and probably cost a lot more than that but at the end of the day, its a secondhand steering wheel ....

p.s. see his AMG centre caps for £80 too - they might be rare but you gotta be pretty keen to pay that !!

Perhaps i'm cynical 'cos i'm skint ! :eek:

EDIT :- a day left on the seats for £300 that were £500 last week - and no bids yet ..... :rolleyes:

Howard said:
p.s. see his AMG centre caps for £80 too - they might be rare but you gotta be pretty keen to pay that !!
He should have correctly labelled them as fakes, there is no such thing as AMG centre caps.

The amount of fake AMG and Brabus stuff on ebay is just silly.

It is way over priced as its not even a facelifted wheel with the audio etc controls.

Plus its Burr wood not Burl!

Barge and pole come to my mind.

Shude said:
He should have correctly labelled them as fakes, there is no such thing as AMG centre caps.

The amount of fake AMG and Brabus stuff on ebay is just silly.

The centre caps are the original ones for the AMG pentas. They are no longer available hence the high price.

thats a good price for a steering wheel and airbag....

fuzzer said:
thats a good price for a steering wheel and airbag....

Considering its a genuine MB part i think its reasonably priced.

How much is it new ?

Howard said:
How much is it new ?

Airbag is prob about £400 and the wheel is prob close to £450

so , it is quite reasonable. There is no point in saying its not even the wheel with the buttons on it. This wheel would suit someone with a prefacelift e class w210 or w124.

If you get the wheel with the buttons for a w124 you need to then buy the buttons airbag too , not to mention having to replicate can bus , installing the canbus ring on the wheel and then a radio to take the canbus. On to of that , you would need the updated dash cluster to make use of the buttons too.

If its even possible to do the above ...

fuzzer said:
Airbag is prob about £400 and the wheel is prob close to £450

so , it is quite reasonable. There is no point in saying its not even the wheel with the buttons on it. This wheel would suit someone with a prefacelift e class w210 or w124.

If you get the wheel with the buttons for a w124 you need to then buy the buttons airbag too , not to mention having to replicate can bus , installing the canbus ring on the wheel and then a radio to take the canbus. On to of that , you would need the updated dash cluster to make use of the buttons too.

If its even possible to do the above ...

Anything is possible with enough money ......

But at the end of the day it is a secondhand steering wheel, you have no idea of the history of it, how do you know the airbag is any good, isn't selling secondhand airbags illegal anyway ? how do you know the wheel isn't damaged in some way that your're not being told about, things as important as steering wheels need to be A1 i imagine. What if you jam on the brakes and the top bit comes away ?

Its no good bleating on that its Talbir Bains selling it (before anyone does :rolleyes: ) the guys stuff is overpriced. I'm not interested in the wheel i just thought i would point it out , no doubt there is some mug out there who will pay £300 for a secondhand wheel , but it aint me .

Airbags (without buttons) i have seen on ebay for £30 and sell for not much more than that , a leather and burr walnut wheel secondhand ,i've seen go for a ton maybe a ton and a half, but not £300, or does the chrome star on the airbag make it worth an extra hundred ( maybe its not chrome but platinum :confused: )

Anyway, enough about the wheel, it will be interesting to see if it sells, or even makes its reserve ......

Alfie said:
It is way over priced as its not even a facelifted wheel with the audio etc controls.

Plus its Burr wood not Burl!

Barge and pole come to my mind.

Actually Burl and Burr are two different things. Burl is more expensive and supposedly prettier with a swirling grain.

Wont fit your car Howard, its left hand drive :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom