Expensive trip to Aldi....!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSB SL AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
300SL (R129 1992 pre-facelift), Volvo V70 SE D5 Auto Geartronic
Fuming Guys.....first time i have parked my CL next to another car today and i end up with a scratch down the side, you can feel it so needs paint...really gutted that scum who do this exist!!! luckily have a bodyshop near my house so can repair....no CCTV on car park too, informed Aldi manager who was not interested...great start to weekend! Will never ever park next to a car again....what a great country we live in!!!

DSB.
progress.gif

Extremely annoying - I feel for you .

I try to park in an end space so only one side of my car is 'at risk' and , if possible , next to another 'nice' car which I hope belongs to the sort of person who would respect another person's property .

No guarantee , of course .

If you have a camera phone , you can always snap the adjacent cars when you leave yours - just in case .

Extremely annoying - I feel for you .

I try to park in an end space so only one side of my car is 'at risk' and , if possible , next to another 'nice' car which I hope belongs to the sort of person who would respect another person's property .

No guarantee , of course .

If you have a camera phone , you can always snap the adjacent cars when you leave yours - just in case .

Trying to prove criminal damage must be difficult unless you have clear CCTV evidence.

Pontoneer said:

I thought I was a bit nuts as I often do just that, glad I'm not alone.

OP, sorry to hear of that, some folk just have no respect for the property of others but I'd bet they'd be first to complain if the other way round.

Trying to prove criminal damage must be difficult unless you have clear CCTV evidence.

It might not always be 'criminal' damage .

In some cases a careless driver may scrape your car when parking/driving away ( especially the amateur drivers who always go into spaces nose first and therefore have to swing wide at some part of the manoeuvre ) without realising it .

In such cases examination of their car might provide matching damage to support an insurance claim against them .

( especially the amateur drivers who always go into spaces nose first and therefore have to swing wide at some part of the manoeuvre )

Not necessarily amateur, though I agree it's better to reverse in, and that's what I usually do. But not always in supermarket carparks where the space is often so tight that you then cannot get to the boot/tailgate to pack the shopping.

I have found that Sainsburys and Waitrose carparks tend to give you a little more space than Tescos, Morrisons and Asda.

I normally always park furthest away as well to hopefully park in a row of empty spaces.

Last edited:
Got a 4 panel keying at sainsburys a few years ago......now I let them bring the shopping to our house...sainsburys to you

Deliberate Car Keyers should be peeled and dropped into a bag of salt IMHO

I feel for you!

Another thing that happens is that zips, belt buckles and jeans rivets can cause them quite innocently. Just as annoying but accidental not criminal.

Most will polish out unless they are deliberate, it's rare an accidental scratch goes through the lacquer, just damages it and it looks much worse than it is. I've got a few to attend to already only did mine a month ago!

My Mercedes never goes to the supermarket....it's just not worth the risk. I use the Audi for that and even then I don't think I'd venture into the Aldi near me.

I used to keep a little Mazda 121 Bubble in the garage. I called it my Urban Assault Vehicle (UAV).

It was the car I used to go to shopping centres and even cocktail parties in the city where touch parking is a given. When I drove that car my care factor was probably even less than the average joe's. For that reason, it was the most liberating thing to drive. :cool:

I got rid of it a couple of years ago because I ran out of room in the garage. Of everything I've bought and sold, I actually miss my little Bubble. Lately, I've started thinking of getting another UAV. They're very useful! :cool:

My Mercedes never goes to the supermarket....it's just not worth the risk.

Same for me. Only exception is Costco. And mine's only a C Class.

If I have to leave it in a multi-story, I'm on edge the whole time. My most joyous moments are when I come back and the same two cars are either side of it! Perhaps the solution is to travel with a protection squad who can surround my car!!

Sorry to read this. If ever I pop into the supermarket, I park as far away as poss, and half the time when I get back, some one else has parked next to me!

Sorry to hear of the damage

I always aim for a end of row slot and park slightly (half a tyre) over the line - halves the possibility of damage

It's happened to me too - except it was during a hospital check-up, and when I returned to the car a two-inch long scratch right down to the metalwork cost me £400 at my local Mercedes bodyshop.

A few years ago, only the day after taking delivery of a new Polo some idiot in my local M&S car park dinged the rear wing on opening their door. As my car was in silver metallic the subsequent repair left a permanent shadow.

only the day after taking delivery of a new Polo some idiot in my local M&S car park dinged the rear wing on opening their door.

I hope you 'dinged' them back ? :devil::devil::ban:

or ........... " That was no ordinary 'ding' ; this is an M&S 'ding' " :D

Sorry to hear about the damage! I also rarely take my MB to supermarket car parks or ahywhere else where the brain dead park their cars near me!

Since buying a Toyota UAV my stress levels have gone down also! UAVs are a great idea!!! :D

My neighbours child opened his door onto mine and caused a 20p sized dent and a little paint chip in the centre.

BMW are offering a £50 per panel invisable repair at the moment, I KNOW....it's the opposition :ban: but dont think MB offer the same.

Just a thought :thumb:

Great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom