Experience of invitation only Mercedes VIP events?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Has anyone attended one of these by invitation only, Mercedes VIP showroom events?

Supposedly there are EXTRA contributions to be had over and above what normally is available. Anyone find they got a particularly good deal?

I'm assuming they are possibly on cars they already have in group stock, and more focused on used cars, rather than factory orders? (Toyota tend to be like that)

Got an invite but could not attend because we were away. Passing the dealership a few days later saw maybe half a dozen used Mbs outside with prices marked down by £500 to £2000 and sold stickers with the name of the purchaser. Clearly worked for some people but whether they were discounts beyond what you could acheive normally I couldnt say. Purchasers may have had additional items thrown in as well of course. Would have been interesting to attend though.

This type of "VIP event" probably falls into the same category as the university lecturer who invites the very attractive 18 year old female student back to his room for "special tutoring" after lectures. :rolleyes:

This type of "VIP event" probably falls into the same category as the university lecturer who invites the very attractive 18 year old female student back to his room for "special tutoring" after lectures. :rolleyes:

I received an invite two days ago - should I wear suspenders?

Said slightly tongue in cheek but simply a reminder there is only one activity that's "sine qua non" at such events.

Well thanks for that, confirmation that I am an ugly git that is, because I have had no such invite. ;)

I was offered an invite by my local Main Dealer. I showed interest in a particular car and was then asked to visit before the event for "special discussions" and a better deal. Arranged an appointment for a test drive only to be called first thing and told the car was being collected by the dealership in Manchester. Sold unseen via t'internet. Bit of a waste of time IMHO.

We used to get these invites, they were normally held in conjunction with some other special event at the Dealership like a fashion show or wine tasting or some other commercial activity. A nice way to market the cars if you are into that sort of thing I suppose...

It's just a way of getting people into the showroom, albeit not always successfully. I happened to have called into two different dealerships (by chance) during these VIP events and on both occasions it was really very quiet.

I suspect the intention is to prompt the recipient to feel special as a VIP, but it has the opposite effect on me, as the last thing I feel is special when everyone whose details feature on the dealership's customer/prospect database gets the same "VIP" invitation.

I believe that to be the case because I receive almost identical invitations from the dealership I regularly use, a dealership I stopped at once whilst travelling because of a issue en-route, and another I called about a car for sale in 2007 to which I never received a call back.

IMHO Porsche model launch events have a little more thought applied.

Last edited:
We have events where the salesmen can pick and choose who's invited. We recently put on an AMG event to showcase all the new models and it was really good. We knew everyone there and people seemed to really enjoy it. I don't think it would have been so great if we had just invited anyone

Perhaps a touch patronising to call them VIP events but it clearly worked as far as my local dealership was concerned. Just intriguing to know what went on behind the black out curtains! Maybe calling these events Desperate To Sell Some More Used Cars would not have had the same effect.:dk:

We have events where the salesmen can pick and choose who's invited. We recently put on an AMG event to showcase all the new models and it was really good. We knew everyone there and people seemed to really enjoy it. I don't think it would have been so great if we had just invited anyone

Good point, the limited numbers for AMG events mean they the to be a bit more targeted.

I get invited to these things all the time. It might be because I have bought three AMG's from the dealer network before. I've never attended one of these "special" events, and it surprises me that they invite me at all, as based on my previous behaviour they should regard me as a bit of an asshole.

Went to a Honda one last year and it was a bit embarrasing as we were the only people there! Did buy (we were going to anyway) and the deal was no better than I could have done through Drivethedeal.

Found out it was indeed to shift group stock and used cars. Not factory orders, which is my route to my next Mercedes, so no extra contribution there.

Went to one last year for a laugh. When I got invited they told me there would be 'Outrageous discounts' :rock:

On the day they even give you the whole VIP ID malarky to hang around your neck :rolleyes: and the day before they rang up to tell me to arrive early as its a VIP event, and to confirm for the guest list etc etc....Turned up on Saturday and was no busier than usual, but hey I got the pleasure of having a VIP card hanging from my neck...

With regards prices and discount I can't really remember as I just wanted the test drive as was going to order via a CC Lease.

I get invited to them fairly regularly which makes me smile since the only business they've ever had from me is servicing my 18 year old SL (and I supply my own oil :D). So not likely to be a prime candidate for dropping £50k+ on a new car ...

My 7 year old son wore the last VIP pass around the house for a day or two :)

Interestingly I also occasionally get them from Porsche in Reading, never having had any dealings with Porsche in my life. I wonder if they got hold of a Mercedes mailing list?

Went to one last year for a laugh. When I got invited they told me there would be 'Outrageous discounts' :rock:

On the day they even give you the whole VIP ID malarky to hang around your neck :rolleyes: and the day before they rang up to tell me to arrive early as its a VIP event, and to confirm for the guest list etc etc....Turned up on Saturday and was no busier than usual, but hey I got the pleasure of having a VIP card hanging from my neck...

With regards prices and discount I can't really remember as I just wanted the test drive as was going to order via a CC Lease.

VIP ID is ironic at a VIP only event :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom