Experiences with the pioneer avic units

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prc

Car
'05 C 220 CDI
Wife's descided she wants a 2Din dvd & nav headunit for here w203. :crazy:

Was looking to get feedback from owners as to ease of use, problems, performance, etc...

DVD and DVD control for headrest monitors is most important. Navigation not as much and sound pretty much not important. Pretty much have it down to the F700BT, not being sure if the F900BT is worth the extra cash. Open to opinions to other units as long as it keeps a stock'ish look.

Anyone looking for a nice new stock looking headunit, checkout the nakamichi mb-x I had originally bought to swap out the dead audio 20 (in the calssified section).:doh::doh:

I have the f900bt and use it to control my iPod too, the DVD is great but the radio reception is very weak, the navigation gives you three instructions for each turn which can get on your nerves a little, also the unit has a nasty habit of beeping loudly every time a button is pressed which is REALLY annoying! You can alter this with a software hack though. I've had many pioneer units in the past and was quite dissapointed with this one.

Anyone looking for a nice new stock looking headunit, checkout the nakamichi mb-x I had originally bought to swap out the dead audio 20 (in the calssified section).:doh::doh:

You perhaps need to review your pricing? If it's the same unit I was looking at it's only £350 (about 385 euro) brand new.

You perhaps need to review your pricing? If it's the same unit I was looking at it's only £350 (about 385 euro) brand new.

Just had a quick look and cheapest I saw was 599USD. Can't edit original thread to change price so added a reply that I'm open to offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom