Expired Airbags?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi All,

I've noticed on my 92 190e that there is a sticker on the B pillar recommending that the driver's airbag should be replaced after 10 years, which of course was last year!

Speaking with MB, they tell me that it is because at the time, they did not know how long airbags would last - so 10 years was deemed a reasonable working life.

I priced a replacement from MB and they wanted £700+ VAT, which I thought was absolutely looney!

What have the rest of you done in this situation? Anyone bother to change their airbags?

Have just changed mine for cosmetic reasons (Wanted the chrome star....) - was lucky enough to pick up a one time bargain off eBay which had been ordered from the manufacturer for a recall job but turned out the recall had already been done so it was sold as "surplus to requirements" for less than £50 ! MB Price is about £400 !

My old one (only 4 years old) is still in my posession but don't know if it will fit your car...

Short answer is ... yes, they are extremely expensive to buy from MB - try a breakers perhaps.

S.

It will fit E class (W210), C class (W202), CLK (W208) and S class (W140). The Part number is 140 460 26 98 9051 03 - according to the guy on eBay who sold it to me - I will check the box later to confirm, as that part number doesn't sound quite right !

MB Retail price £391.21

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom