Expired road tax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All I need now is my club tax disc holder for the new tax disc and I know thats on the way !

Tax discs, MOT certs etc all arrived in todays post ...... Car is with Olly today so he can safely rag it round Horndean without worrying about plods ANPR !
That's good to hear. You can sleep now.

Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for my amended V5 to arrive. It's still showing up on the DVLA website as Heavy Oil fuel :wallbash:. Just have to carry on hoping that plod with ANPR has poor hearing and doesn't spot the lack of rattling emanating from my "Diesel Car"! (TBH, I very much doubt they care.)

The DVLA website FINALLY has my car running on the correct fuel. Still no sign of the revised V5C yet though.

DVLA is in a mess
On 13th April I buy a car off a friend,,within the hour the v5 and sorn declaration is in post to Swansea. Two weeks later I get notification from DVLA that they cannot accept my sorn because I am not the registered owner
The next day I recieve my new v5[W] ---for Wales,the W ???
So now I can resubmit the sorn notice Who is responsible for the car in that two weeks
So ,,I pay my friend for the car --and have a reciept ,so can prove the car is mine ,,even though I am not yet the registered owner
My friend though ,,who doesnt own the car,, has nothing to prove he doesnt,,,,so is responsible for any lawbreaking until DVLA does see me as new keeper
my point is that the previous owner never has any proof that he dopesn,t own car if paid for with £20 notes

Last edited:
They should never have kept the new tax disc, they only need a copy of it, or the serial number from the top of it... Oh well.. all sorted now.

DVLA :(

DVLA is in a mess
On 13th April I buy a car off a friend,,within the hour the v5 and sorn declaration is in post to Swansea. Two weeks later I get notification from DVLA that they cannot accept my sorn because I am not the registered owner
The next day I recieve my new v5[W] ---for Wales,the W ???
So now I can resubmit the sorn notice Who is responsible for the car in that two weeks
So ,,I pay my friend for the car --and have a reciept ,so can prove the car is mine ,,even though I am not yet the registered owner
My friend though ,,who doesnt own the car,, has nothing to prove he doesnt,,,,so is responsible for any lawbreaking until DVLA does see me as new keeper
my point is that the previous owner never has any proof that he dopesn,t own car if paid for with £20 notes

Isn't the seller supposed to send the V5?

So, you have section 8 of the form, and a receipt to show you have purchased the car, and your friend sends of the V5 signed by him and you. If he wants proof of the sale (or is just sensible), he can take a copy before sending the V5, showing it signed and dated by both of you.

I thought V5s only showed who the keeper is and have nothing to do with ownership ?

Yep, all the V5 really does is let the authorities know who to come after if the car is seen misbehaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom