EXT REB (Again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
I have been trying to keep an open mind regarding the Antics/Goals of Extinction Rebellion, so I recorded the Programme that was on Channel 5 on Sunday 21:00.

I watched it last night.

My Thoughts/Opinions covering the Programme:

The don't appear to have any real Strategy, apart from causing other folk Disruption.

Most appear to the either Well Off with very understanding Employers, or Well Off and on the Dole!

A few appear to be in it to get on the Telly though not many on long enough for the "15 Minutes of Fame"

Many were Retired with no real Opinions, one way or another, but need something to occupy their Time.

Many brought their Kids along for more Effect, but most of the Kids I saw were just bemused and appreciated a Day Out somewhere different!

Many Appear to be "Anti Violence", until the Shot where the Pair were trying to hold up a Tube Train were confronted by angry Commuters, one shouted "There is no need for Violence" before STOMPING on the Hands and Arms of folk trying to get him off the Train Roof!

The Organisers Planned to disrupt certain areas, by "Flash Crowding" than called the Metropolitan Police to tell them where there were targeting next???

One young man appear to think that changing his Glasses for Sunshades made him Invisible or changed his appearance so much that the Authority's would ignore him, trouble is he often changed Glasses where he was standing wearing the same light Blue Suit!

All I can glean from my first visit as to what they are about is the fact that most are over spills from the Anti Nuke/Newborough Bypass Tree Hugger Protestors that are Swampy Wannabes!

There is another Faction that just made me Laugh, Old Biddies all dressed in Silver Hats and Cloaks trying their best to look like Super Heroes!:):D:D:doh:

Many boasted about how far they had Travelled to be part of the Protest, not realising the controversy in using Transport Burning Fossil Fuels!

Maybe they will be able to convince me as I travel to Cambridge to Work, problem is I'm in too Early for them! :rolleyes:

ALL ONLY MY OPINIONS!

Will this thread be any better than the other ones on the same subject?

Here is my 2p worth. ExReb's should live for one month with nothing, no power, money , clean running water and only eating the food they can catch or grow themselves.

Write a log each day - with charcoal on dried bark - then present it to us and we can make an informed decision on whether their policies are valid.

Here is my 2p worth. ExReb's should live for one month with nothing, no power, money , clean running water and only eating the food they can catch or grow themselves.

Write a log each day - with charcoal on dried bark - then present it to us and we can make an informed decision on whether their policies are valid.
My rich neighbours daughter was very impressed by Greta and she was telling us all off for random things. Then I asked her why is she going to the Mediterranean with her parents on their yacht and other similar stuff. She just didn't know what to say.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom