Extended Warranty - C205 c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazzao

Car
W205 C63 Amg
Hi all!

Think it's time to consider some sort of warranty, I looked on the MB website and got a quote of £2,700 for a year, for the extended warranty which I thought was okay but the Coverage kind of worried me, I.e Exhaust system isn't covered which to me is important especially with the prices of a new performance exhaust with the valves isn't cheap and I've heard these valves go fairly easily! Ironically the normal warranty covers the exhaust system but not the extended🤔

Anyways, my car has 15.5k miles on the clock and it's a 66 plate. Photos below 😁 Also attached the extended warranty pdf for reference. All services have been carried out at MB.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• 7305MER 0121.pdf
    476.8 KB · Views: 12
  • _20210227_135934.JPG
    _20210227_135934.JPG
    448.4 KB · Views: 18
  • _20210222_000657.JPG
    _20210222_000657.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • _20210220_181540.JPG
    _20210220_181540.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 18
Mine is the same age/mileage as yours - no way would I be paying £2700 per year for an extended warranty which MB would do everything they possibly could to avoid paying out on. Dead money.
Just my 2p.

I wouldn't bother myself. My car is also a 66 plate (19k up), I never even considered an extended warranty when I bought it, in my opinion they will always find a way not to pay out. I personally keep a maintenance fund topped up in case of issues, i've done this with all my cars (even those I bought new to a certain extent), at least you know you won't have to waste your time arguing with someone to get a problem fixed!

Mine is a 66 plate with 29k and I tend to agree with the previous comments about the extended warranty.
I don't think these cars have any major issues rumbling in the background.
From personal experience I've found it more important to keep up the main dealer service and stay on good terms with your local dealer. With my last car (W204) they were very good at getting Mercedes to cover things that really shouldn't have gone wrong with a fully serviced vehicle that wasn't very old.
Plus, you'll have 5 grand spare after two years to help cover things anyway !

Thank you for all the awesome replies! Really didn't think of it that way but I guess you all make a really good point! I didn't know that there was a chance they wouldn't pay out, that is rather snakey 🐍

My other option was Warranty wise they seem to literally cover anything and they were £1650 for the year, again it is quite a bit of money!

Might just hold of then, I was only scared because one of my close friends has a 2018 c63 and his butterfly valves started to make a rattle noise on idle, almost like a pop when the car was idling and MB replaced the full exhaust under warranty. Apparently there are numerous cases of this and inevitable to happen!

Forum below for the issue other than that nothing major like you guys said!

Thank you for all the awesome replies! Really didn't think of it that way but I guess you all make a really good point! I didn't know that there was a chance they wouldn't pay out, that is rather snakey 🐍

My other option was Warranty wise they seem to literally cover anything and they were £1650 for the year, again it is quite a bit of money!

Might just hold of then, I was only scared because one of my close friends has a 2018 c63 and his butterfly valves started to make a rattle noise on idle, almost like a pop when the car was idling and MB replaced the full exhaust under warranty. Apparently there are numerous cases of this and inevitable to happen!

Forum below for the issue other than that nothing major like you guys said!

Maybe worth getting a quote:

@Mazzao Lovely looking car and that's a steep quote for the warranty. I understand that with AMG used cars bought from a MB dealer, they give 2 years extended warranty. That means people buying a 3 or 4 year old C63 AMG would get over £5k of "value" from the inclusion of a 2 year warranty. That's a lot!

I'm paying just £516 for MB warranty for a 2015 C350e

I decided not to renew my warranty last year, I got quoted £1699 for the year, mines a 65 with 40k last week I had to have a new command unit fitted as my existing one crashed, that alone was £1400 (Not Mercedes) I had it fitted at command online in Surrey, they informed me they replace these on a regular basis, I'm not sure Mercedes would have paid out if I'd renewed the warranty or would have tried to wiggle out of paying.
Anyway whilst this was being fitted I had the apple car play fitted which makes the car feel so much more modern

Things must have changed since i last purchased an MB Tier one warranty.
I had one for three years on a CL600 BT, and one on a E500. At the time the cost was Circa £1000 each.
The repairs on the 600 were more than three times the cost of warranty per year. One repair was a new ABC pump and valve.
The E500 had a gearbox leak, a drive shaft replaced, and a problem with the rear aircon. Well more than the cost of warranty.
At no time did i have any hassle or bother in the repair/replacement parts. This may or maynot depend on the dealer. Mine was MB Ayr.
Both vehicles were under 8 years old, had full MB Servic history ans had under 60k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom