Extended Warranty for my C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sub5

Car
AMG C43 Coupe
So I know this has been covered probably loads but different models attract different prices and so on. So hope you all don't mind sharing some wisdom and experiences. I was reading and replied to a thread on PH which got me thinking....never good when I need to think ;)

Car 2017, C43, 24,000mls & full service history. Still has 4 months MB warranty remaining.

Couple of posters on PH have been quoted £850 for a 2 year Tier 1 warranty. One has 30,000 on a 2017 plate. This I find quite acceptable so I decided to give MB warranties a call. Firstly she said I should be calling about a month left of my original MF warranty as it's based on mileage. But she could give me a loose quote. Fair enough. So MB have quoted £1,399 for a 1 year Tier 1, £2,750 for 2 years or £133 per month. Fair bit away from the posters on PH @ £850 for 2 years :mad:

I also got Warranty Direct to quote. They seem to get a good amount of positive feedback. For their Core, plus Core + warranty they are quoting £500.00 for the year. This warranty covers unlimited claims, unlimited claim amounts, work can be carried out at MB dealerships with no cap on labor rates. It's basically the all singing dancing warranty from WD.

So what's the thoughts

Can I haggle with MB Warranties closer to time to extending. Anyone have previous with haggling MB

Bite the bullet should they not come down in price and go with the MB warranty

Go with WD and save myself £899 a year. Anyone had any direct dealings and claiming with WD

Thanks for looking at another warranty thread 👍

Pretty sure there was a thread on pistonheads a while ago about a guy with an M5 and a warranty direct warranty. Believe it went to the ombudsman when he tried to claim as they didn't want to pay out in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: AMV
Pretty sure there was a thread on pistonheads a while ago about a guy with an M5 and a warranty direct warranty. Believe it went to the ombudsman when he tried to claim as they didn't want to pay out in any way, shape or form.

I also remember reading this thread. It was horrible to read and the bloke had been through so many hoops to no avail.

However as we all know not everyone shares there experience. i.e most people who are upset will write a negative review/experience however the other side of receiving positive experiences won't.

Warranty Direct is a big company i have no doubt that they have performed in other scenarios. Sometimes you have to take some experiences with a pinch of salt.

I probably would save £133/month and leave the warranty. I haven't heard of any horror stories on the c43 amg.

I am actually gobsmacked they want nearly 3k a year for the top tier warranty. That tells me they have zero confidence in their product.

I am actually gobsmacked they want nearly 3k a year for the top tier warranty. That tells me they have zero confidence in their product.

It tells me that when things do go wrong, they are costly to repair. (It is £1399 a year, not £3K)
A Mercedes warranty for my car is being quoted at >£2600 per year.
I'd rather put money aside every year and hope its not needed. If you don't claim on a warranty its wasted money.
You just have to decide if the risk of not having one outweighs the cost.

It tells me that when things do go wrong, they are costly to repair. (It is £1399 a year, not £3K)
A Mercedes warranty for my car is being quoted at >£2600 per year.
I'd rather put money aside every year and hope its not needed. If you don't claim on a warranty its wasted money.
You just have to decide if the risk of not having one outweighs the cost.

They wanted £1200 a year for the top tier warranty on my C-Class shitbox. The only thing that has gone wrong with it has been the usual injector seals which are excluded from the top tier warranty anyway lol. I've just put the money in a savings account (well a little bit less).

Thank you all for the wise words of wisdom so far. I searched in the forum section on PH. I've read some not so great stories around WD. Quite sad really reading some of the posts. I"ll pass on WD me thinks.

Crickey AM £2,600 per year!! Almost makes me feel guilty bitching about my £1,399 quote 🤐 Blade you too £1,200 looks like they have us all over a barrel 🛢️

Being a canny tight Scotsman I think I'll still give MB a wee haggle and see if I can get the price down 😄

Be interested to hear any other quotes folks have had from MB.

Have you tried contracting the guy off piston heads to find out how he got a plan so cheap?

MB warranty expensive but they don't seem to quibble about doing anything that is required

Crickey AM £2,600 per year!! Almost makes me feel guilty bitching about my £1,399 quote

I doubt Mercedes will sway far from the prices quoted on their online page, but if you don't ask.......................

A warranty for my car was out of the question as soon as I decided to have it remapped, so I have to keep a slush fund, just in case.

;)

MB warranty expensive but they don't seem to quibble about doing anything that is required

I've read that on many a post Neil. It's a bit of a conundrum really. I've never been that much of a gambler 🙄 but I would like to know if anything did go wrong....should I get a warranty...that it would get sorted nae bother like 👍

I’d be reading the small print very carefully to understand the limitations and service requirements...

They wanted £1200 a year for the top tier warranty on my C-Class shitbox. The only thing that has gone wrong with it has been the usual injector seals which are excluded from the top tier warranty anyway lol. I've just put the money in a savings account (well a little bit less).
Interesting - when did you take out your tier 1 MB warranty on your C-Class? Last year we paid £640 for two-year tier 1 warranty for a B220 and £850 for two-year tier warranty for a C300h.

Both taken out before the manufacturer's 3-year warranty expired.

Interesting - when did you take out your tier 1 MB warranty on your C-Class? Last year we paid £640 for two-year tier 1 warranty for a B220 and £850 for two-year tier warranty for a C300h.

I've not pulled the trigger yet. I was advised by MB to call back when I had a month remaining of my 3 year warranty. This would be October. The quote was a ball park figure. Couple posters on PH were quoted 850 for 2 year tier 1 for the same model. This was tail end of last year. Wondering if the covid situation has anything to do with the increase.

That's a terrific deal you've got on both cars. I'd be more than happy paying that kind of monies for a 2 year extended

I've not pulled the trigger yet. I was advised by MB to call back when I had a month remaining of my 3 year warranty. This would be October. The quote was a ball park figure. Couple posters on PH were quoted 850 for 2 year tier 1 for the same model. This was tail end of last year. Wondering if the covid situation has anything to do with the increase.

That's a terrific deal you've got on both cars. I'd be more than happy paying that kind of monies for a 2 year extended
To be honest I was really surprised that the 2-year MB tier 1 warranty for £850 for the C300h as this is a diesel hybrid with lots of complex electronics to go wrong etc. At this price, I do not think that MB (or the company they have outsourced this out to) adjusted the premium to take into account the potential uplift in repairing such a complex vehicle. But I was happy to bite their hands off at this price.

Interestingly, despite the tier 1 warranty explicitly excluding the audio system, my daughter was able to get MB to fix a CarPlay issue in her B220 using the extended warranty. I was impressed that there was no attempt to hide behind the exclusion clause on this matter!

The vehicle was 6 years old at the time with around 58k - I bought it at 5 years old with a 1 year approved used warranty so this was to continue this coverage.
I thought they were having a bit of a giggle so I elected not to take the warranty.

Just renewing my MB extended warranty in my 2012, E500. So far it has been worth paying the £495 per year they charge, The lump mine in with the regular E class rates even though the engine is more towards AMG complexity. They fixed this under warranty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom