Extended Warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

npuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
Has anyone renewed or taken out an extended warranty recently? With the cars 3yr manufacturers warranty due to soon expire I have been looking into extended warranties.

When the car was at the dealers last week I asked to speak to someone about an extended warranty but was told me they dont / are not allowed to sell extended warrantys at the dealership I need to contact Moondial direct. They quoted £500 for Tier1 and £451 for Tier2 for a year with £0 excess and the price is fixed.

Warrantydirects quote for top level cover, with main dealer labour rates was £830.91, though I just got a call from them earlier today offering it for £500 if I purchased today!

I was just wondering what sort of price I should be looking to get WD down too, what price others have manged to get.

Also what do people think of the wheeler dealer warranties? https://www.wheelerdealerwarranties.com/ Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks.

If you tell warranty direct no, they will lower the price. I got offered on the ML from £450 down to £180. I didn't accept in the end.

Warranty direct will go lower if you hold out. However £500 for Tier 1 strikes me as good value. I think this gives the same cover as the original new car warranty.

I pay £400 for WD. Have just claimed for £1200.... waiting for the cheque..

I pay £400 for WD. Have just claimed for £1200.... waiting for the cheque..

Don't wait too long before you call and verify they have processed it...

Anyone using any other companies apart from WD?

Don't wait too long before you call and verify they have processed it...

Called friday - on supervisors desk. No cheque today so hopefully sometime this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom