Extending Service Intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

travelininstyle

Car
C-Class Sports Coupe AMG 220 Cdi
Hello Guys,

With fuel spiraling costs these days,my annual millage has fell from around 12000 - to 9000 miles per year,as those long trips up to the Lakes are a luxury now !
When I had a C Class Sports Coupe and had it serviced,I seem to remember that by changing the type of oil filter used,from a paper one to a 'fleece' type one and with the correct use of oil,it was possible to extend the service interval on the car to around 18 months and indeed a member on the forum helpfully gave me the part number of the filter and Harrogate MB were happy to oblige.

Now I have a CLK 220Cdi (2009) and the service interval is been indicated by a time factor (12 months) rather than the condition of the oil and driving factors - this means that I am only doing 9000 miles between servicing on a carefully driven diesel (15 mile commutes/virtually no town driving) - Question is,is there a way I can extend the service interval,or request it at the dealership,as a 'B' service is due tomorrow,so I would like to ask the question.

As a 2009 registered car, I think you fall into the latest fixed service schedules. The earlier variable servicing was great: top up with clean oil and get more miles between service.

Mercedes website said:
Many models produced from 2007 have fixed service intervals. Services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner. These fixed service intervals make it easier for you to plan your servicing around your schedule, making it less likely for you to miss a service.

For more information on the service display, please see your Owner's Manual –Operation/Service section.

Source: Mercedes-Benz UK - Servicing - Service Intervals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom