Exterior of car wrapped ( insurance)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
Does exterior of a car wrapped effect insurance or do they even need to know change of colour as it’s no effecting power etc.
thanks.
Sorry been away a while with death in family and bit of ill health but up and on the go again.

Generally speaking, any post manufacture modification that is undeclared has the potential to cause an issue should there be a subsequent claim. You really need to ask your insurer to get their take on it.

DVLA dont need to know as its NOT a permanent colour change!!

Does exterior of a car wrapped effect insurance or do they even need to know change of colour as it’s no effecting power etc.
thanks.

Yes they need to know, and it's likely to increase your insurance. If they had to pay out to repair bodywork damage then the affected panel(s) would need to be stripped first and re-wrapped afterwards, which would cost them more. That's assuming the exact same wrap is still available, and the rest of the car hasn't faded fractionally in the sun, etc. Worst case the whole car might need to be re-wrapped.

DVLA dont need to know as its NOT a permanent colour change!!

Apparently that changed in 2017 and they DO need to be notified:

So after you pay extra to the insurance company do you then get it back when you remove it (i doubt it another way of extracting more cash from the motorists)

So after you pay extra to the insurance company do you then get it back when you remove it (i doubt it another way of extracting more cash from the motorists)

In theory yes, same as removing any other modification. There'd probably be an 'admin fee' to pay which might not make it worthwhile, but you'd obviously get cheaper quotes from the next renewal.

I insured it today with Adrian flux and it made no difference as AA who I had other car insured with had me waiting for 2 days now to ring and let me know , so as said just went ahead with flux.

Though I should put we photo up
2015 2.2 amg premium wrapped .Not used to 4 cylinders but fuel and tax have kinda played a part in buying this as running a 2020 rav 2.5 and we top of the range b max it gets costly. Will try this for while but probably end up back to the six pot.
A179192D-B708-4EAF-8437-602D3D6ADCB2.jpeg

So you chose the common colour

View attachment 116915
Maybe I need a v6 badge. Lol first of the 4 cls I have owned that’s a 4 pot. But then again on 16 return journeys getting over 58 mpg and at the price not going to complain,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom