Exterior timber cladding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I'm thinking of replacing or covering the rendered sections between upstairs and downstairs bay windows with timber cladding, along with the gable end directly above. If I go for it then it seems logical to replace the front door and garage doors to match.

Anyone done something similar, and can recommend suppliers and installers in the Midlands? I'm especially interested in those who can match front and garage doors to the cladding.

Thank you! :thumb:

Got a photo?

A bit of cladding needed here......

696_naked-women-1054592-flash-1054592-flash.jpg

i'm thinking of replacing or covering the rendered sections between upstairs and downstairs bay windows with timber cladding, along with the gable end directly above.

image.jpg

Need to use good hardwood t&g to have it last a few years. Have you thought of cedar shingles?

Whatever timber you choose, you'll need to decide whether to just leave it and let it age naturally, or maintain it and suffer the job of having to treat it with some sort of woodcare product every couple of years. Most timbers eventually end up looking grey if not maintained and that may not be the look you want.

Straight Teak boards would be my choice, matched to a Teak door.

When the rest of the house has fallen apart the Teak will still be there.

Do you not fancy the UPVC cladding?

That was my thought. Rosewood plastic cladding with a rosewood roller garage door and maybe a real wood front door to match. Most peeps wont look twice at the cladding but the front door would be eye candy.

How many modern flats have you seen where the architect has specified Cedar cladding and after a few years it looks crap simply because of the high level of maintenance reqd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom