External power connector for emergencies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garycat

Car
2014 C Class 220CDI Coupe
Since this happened to my Dad in his A class...

2007 A Class - Doors won't unlock

...he is paranoid about it happening again as he only does short journeys and the battery rarely gets a good charge. His driveway is away from the house so can't use a C-TEK battery conditioner, so the only option seems to be a solar charger, but they are fairly weak.

Does anyone know of an external battery connector that can be hidden but easily connected to one of these jump start packs?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0748GL615/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Since this happened to my Dad in his A class...

2007 A Class - Doors won't unlock

...he is paranoid about it happening again as he only does short journeys and the battery rarely gets a good charge. His driveway is away from the house so can't use a C-TEK battery conditioner, so the only option seems to be a solar charger, but they are fairly weak.

Does anyone know of an external battery connector that can be hidden but easily connected to one of these jump start packs?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0748GL615/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Do yo mean some sort of "Hard Wiring" to connect the Booster permanently? If so I would not advise you to do that! OK the Booster will jump the Car up to 20 Times, but you will have to remove it to Re-Charge it anyway!

I don't think he wants to connect it permanently, rather he wants a connector which is easily hidden and available if he needs to connect a booster when the car will not open.

Just have an external socket installed?

I think the simple answer is to lubricate the driver's door and boot lid keyholes, and test the metal key regularly.

(Keeping in mind that the boot can be also used for emergency access into the cabin on some models)

This seems like an easier solution than fitting special wiring?

I think the simple answer is to lubricate the driver's door and boot lid keyholes, and test the metal key regularly.

(Keeping in mind that the boot can be also used for emergency access into the cabin on some models)

This seems like an easier solution than fitting special wiring?

That didn't work, the main battery had dropped to ~6v and there was no mechanical way to enter the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom