External Temperature displaying 58 deg C !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasohal

Car
S320 E500 E55
Help !!!

I have a E320 Coupe 1995 model.

On the LCD dash display below the speedo the gauge is suggesting it is 58 deg C.

Is this a simple case of faulty external temp sensor ?? where is this unit is it easy to replace ?? and any idea on price part no etc ??

Any ideas much appreciated.

jasohal said:
Help !!!

I have a E320 Coupe 1995 model.

On the LCD dash display below the speedo the gauge is suggesting it is 58 deg C.

Is this a simple case of faulty external temp sensor ?? where is this unit is it easy to replace ?? and any idea on price part no etc ??

Any ideas much appreciated.

Could be faulty could just be dirty. They are usually at the front of the car under the grill, or the skirt area. Try and find it and see if it is disconnected or dirty etc. Its cylindrical clipped somewhere.and will have a wire out the back.

Cheers...

I will look for it and let you know how I got on....

Did you find it? My temp shows 86c, I can see the sensor but can't get to the back to see if it is connected. C220CDi

remus98 said:
Did you find it? My temp shows 86c, I can see the sensor but can't get to the back to see if it is connected. C220CDi

Sounds as if yours has failed and wants renewing mate.:eek:

Mine(W210 E220 CDI) is also showing a constant 58 deg. I thought I had moved to Mars. anyone Know how to fix?

Simple - get it replaced.

Should be around £30 -40 from stealers..

I did and it fixed mine !!

i too have a similar problem. on starting up my car the display shows 38c for about 3 seconds and then goes completly blank. any ideas?

On my E220 the temp display reads 10 degrees low all the time, the engine temp reads 50 - 60 and the speedo is 15mph out. I think its all to do with the resistor pack behind the instument cluster. If it is then i will let everyone know. failing that its new cluster time = £'s :crazy:

Ian B Walker said:
On my E220 the temp display reads 10 degrees low all the time, the engine temp reads 50 - 60 and the speedo is 15mph out. I think its all to do with the resistor pack behind the instument cluster. If it is then i will let everyone know. failing that its new cluster time = £'s :crazy:

Sounds logical to me.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom