Extinction Rebelion roadrage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
All I see is the bunch of anarchists disrupting the traffic and making it hard for working people to get to their offices and homes. What do they want? What is their ideology except bringing chaos?
Disrupting the DLR and tube services, vandalizing, why, what is the message they are sending this way?
After all how did they get there, by foot?! Certainly not.
And to be clear I am for looking after the environment but not in this way.
Pillocks and scumbags.

They argue that quiet methods of protesting against climate change haven't achieved anything.

I’m glad I’m nowhere near it tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They argue that quiet methods of protesting against climate change haven't achieved anything.
BS just look how many "green" regulatory changes we had in last few years from plastic shopping bags to new ULEZ charges plus low CO2 emission demands imposed on manufacturing businesses. So from my point of view the government/s are doing enough and in some instances more than that.

That brought on a wry smile.

The fundamental unanswerable question about climate change is can mankind influence it, and if so, over what period?

All I see is the bunch of anarchists disrupting the traffic and making it hard for working people to get to their offices and homes. What do they want? What is their ideology except bringing chaos?
Disrupting the DLR and tube services, vandalizing, why, what is the message they are sending this way?
After all how did they get there, by foot?! Certainly not.

Regardless of their objectives and methods, environmental protestors get short shrift on every car forum.

And to be clear I am for looking after the environment but not in this way.

By driving a large-engined diesel car ?

Well yes, if my Mrs needs 2.5 hours to get home after 10 hours of work I can't find better words for them.
You could argue that they have achieved their short term aim which is to get you and your Mrs talking about their campaign, same goes for your posts here - all publicity for them.

I do believe in the right to peaceful protest, but I also believe that does not give you the right to permanently disrupt the lives of other people. Their right to go about their daily business unhindered trumps their right to protest. What will happen is because of their abuse of the right of protest the government will change the law and restrict that right, to the detriment of us all.
I also see mayor khan has shown his true colours, no support for the Londoners who have been disrupted but thanks and support to the protesters, let’s hope the voters remember that at the elections.
To me the right to protest is a rally in Hyde park then all go home, what we have now is an occupation.
I wonder how many of these eco warriors have mobile phones, or drive cars, or have wood burners.

The Sky News interview was a classic; I don’t know who was worse - the very rude presenter or the Tim-Nice-But-Dim “protester”..!

As long as they keep their “protest” in London, I’ll just be an amused onlooker...

Reactions: 219
Why don't they go to China and peacefully protest ? The UK is one of the cleanest (a relative term , I agree) of all the big polluters on the planet, while China, on the other had don't give a Fock about global pollution (I have worked in industry there...believe me)

I think the Chinese authorities would look upon such a peaceful demonstration on the streets of Beijing as the beginning of a constructive dialogue that could help make the world a cleaner place to live....

Or they would shoot them.

Let them go there and find out for themselves. Muppets

P.S We should have kept Boris's water cannon instead of selling them for scrap value. They could have been converted to run on 'renewable' energy and the spray tanks filled with Human Pi$$ so they would be more Eco friendly and used on these layabouts.

Last edited:
They're against flying...

Apart from one of the hardline protesters that was interviewed on Sky News yesterday , she travelled all the way from Norway just to put her point across.

Her return journeys carbon footprint ,in order to protest, was probably larger than most commuters over the last few days. If she swam and walked to get here i will apologies but i doubt that very much.

Double standards ????

Kenny

According to "experts" we need to do 2 things, to preserve the earth for the next few generations, none of therm motoring related:-

1. Stop flying
2. Stop eating meat.

From my own research, I'd like to add:-

3. Stop building with concrete.
4. Massively increase investment in renewable energy production (not nuclear, that just stores up problems for upcoming generations to have to deal with).

So, it's that simple. We have been living irresponsibly, and as the Stranglers sang: "Something's Gotta Change".

According to "experts" we need to do 2 things, to preserve the earth for the next few generations, none of therm motoring related:-

1. Stop flying
2. Stop eating meat.

From my own research, I'd like to add:-

3. Stop building with concrete.
4. Massively increase investment in renewable energy production (not nuclear, that just stores up problems for upcoming generations to have to deal with).

So, it's that simple. We have been living irresponsibly, and as the Stranglers sang: "Something's Gotta Change".
Something better change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom