Extinction Rebelion roadrage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I prefer not to label people as scum because they have different views to me.

I do. Especially when these different views cause misery and disruption to thousands of people who are only trying to get on with their lives.

You mentioned them getting publicity for their cause. Yes, people are talking about them, but for all the wrong reasons. Talking about them, but not supporting them. All we see if a bunch of hippies, squat dwellers, bored middle class toffs and leftie students.

Genuine question:

How does flying economy reduce her carbon footprint?

. Per passenger, 300 passengers in economy per 3000 mile flight, would produce the same carbon footprint as
100 in 1st class flying the same distance, in the same aircraft be they passengers or freight. So, per head = less carbon✓
Therefore, you pay your money and make your choice, but don't get out of your chauffeur driven Rolls ,
and cause traffic mayhem to thousands trying to earn a crust, and attempt to come across as caring, when all you're after Ms Thompson is a photo in the press and publicity to slake your entirely selfself centered self, P#ss off! Rant over.

Last edited:
I am amazed at how many of these protesters managed to take time off from their daily jobs in order to protest.

I am even more amazed that they would risk their employment getting arrested.

Maybe I am missing something here ......

I am amazed at how many of these protesters managed to take time off from their daily jobs in order to protest.

I am even more amazed that they would risk their employment getting arrested.

Maybe I am missing something here ......
The guy that I saw being interviewed was a hospital doctor.

Majority are "luvvies" with too much time and money on their hands. Imagine how they would react if told they cannot have their favourite fruit or vegetables due to their actions of blocking transport routes.

The News last night was showing the difference between the way our Police were handling these so called protesters and the Police in France handling the protesters in Paris;

Our side, can I have a go on your skateboard please!:wallbash:

French side, forcing them into shop doorways and liberal coatings of Pepper Spray to the face!:thumb:

The News last night was showing the difference between the way our Police were handling these so called protesters and the Police in France handling the protesters in Paris;

Our side, can I have a go on your skateboard please!:wallbash:

French side, forcing them into shop doorways and liberal coatings of Pepper Spray to the face!:thumb:
Huge amount of arrests over here though.

Huge amount of arrests over here though.

but what will they be charged with? whatever if is it wont make up for the hundreds of thousands of people who have had to suffer because of the protest. I would imagine some people have lost earnings because transport was disrupted and they couldnt get to work on time, but the rabble wont care about that will they.

but what will they be charged with? whatever if is it wont make up for the hundreds of thousands of people who have had to suffer because of the protest. I would imagine some people have lost earnings because transport was disrupted and they couldnt get to work on time, but the rabble wont care about that will they.
Not really, no, they have their priorities set on saving the planet.

Every protest causes disruptions.

As long as it's done legally I have no issue with that, it's part and parcel of living in a democracy.

But where there's criminality... throw the book at them.

And this is regardless of the cause.

Reactions: 219
SpoonJar said:
IAll we see if a bunch of hippies, squat dwellers, bored middle class toffs and leftie students.
Fine big pair of shoulders you have there...

Do you actually support these wallys, or do you see yourself in one of those descriptions?. Here's another one to add to the list, hypocrites.

Every protest causes disruptions.

As long as it's done legally I have no issue with that, it's part and parcel of living in a democracy.

But where there's criminality... throw the book at them.

And this is regardless of the cause.

Not ok to disrupt many 1000s of innocent bystander lives by preventing them getting to from their jobs. Where is the democracy in that!

I'd fully support them if they refused to have or use anything that had anything to do with pollution and went on a starvation diet (to make their point & publicity) until they got their way.

As for those parents desperate for their "15 minutes of fame" having their kids front their agenda.......

203_co2-graph-021116.jpeg

This graph, based on the comparison of atmospheric samples contained in ice cores and more recent direct measurements, provides evidence that atmospheric CO2 has increased since the Industrial Revolution. (Credit: Vostok ice core data/J.R. Petit et al.; NOAA Mauna Loa CO2 record.) Find out more about ice cores (external site).

The Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 7,000 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

So apparently we crossed the no go line just before 1950 according to this graph. it also shows the natural peaks and troughs going through time, time with no industry or us messing it up.
The countries that need to change there ways like China are not and yes we need to sort ourselves out but this country in the grand scheme of things we will matter very little to these figures.

Yes.... I have an uneasy feeling about that too.
Very many previously sane people lose the plot when they have children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom