Extra Boot Badges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
I have been considering getting a set of Chrome 4 Matic Badges for the RH Side of my Boot as that side appears odd to me being bare!

Would I be castigated/Sent to Coventry/ Deemed a mad Simpleton and generally shunned by Society in the Western World if I went for it!:devil:

(Flack Jacket on and digging a DEEEEEP Trench as we speak)! :cool:

It's your car, so the only consideration should be: do you like it (the extra badge I mean), if yes, then go for it :thumb:

Personally, I prefer de-badged look - appears clean and shows curves / shapes better.

It's your car, so the only consideration should be: do you like it (the extra badge I mean), if yes, then go for it :thumb:

Personally, I prefer de-badged look - appears clean and shows curves / shapes better.

Me too, mines been debadged and wouldn't go back now

Nope. I'm the first to jump on berks who put ///AMG badges on their C220, but i've no issue with this. It's not lies after all.

Nope. I'm the first to jump on berks who put ///AMG badges on their C220, but i've no issue with this. It's not lies after all.

Saw a Diesel E class AMG few days ago :eek:

A lot of the berks (sic) are the MB garages who put the badges on, not the owners.

Yep some berk stuck a tacky looking AMG badge on the back of mine.

What, on that old 2 door thing Peter? :eek: :D :D

As to the OP, personally I'd either leave it alone or take them off the other side to compensate. It will never look balanced and they're a lot easier to clean with no badges on. :thumb:

I have been considering getting a set of Chrome 4 Matic Badges for the RH Side of my Boot as that side appears odd to me being bare!

Would I be castigated/Sent to Coventry/ Deemed a mad Simpleton and generally shunned by Society in the Western World if I went for it!:devil:

(Flack Jacket on and digging a DEEEEEP Trench as we speak)! :cool:

My 30 year old 300TE 4-Matic is badged on the tailgate as.........

Wait for it......

300TE 4 Matic

These are the original Mercedes badges fitted as intended on the left & right of the tailgate. They are the nice heavy chrome metal badges with a black underline on both.

As others have correctly said. Your car, your choice. It's a 4-Matic so I see no reason it should not be badged as such.

A lot of the berks (sic) are the MB garages who put the badges on, not the owners.

Why have you quoted that using (sic) as if I've made a spelling mistake? It's
still short for Berkeley hunt isn't it?

I know some garages do it, the same applies. It's just lies, it's not a style or taste preference, like tints might be, or black alloys, it's just not true.

Why have you quoted that using (sic) as if I've made a spelling mistake? It's
still short for Berkeley hunt isn't it?

Correct- as opposed to Burke (after the early 19c murderer) meaning to smother and summat else as well iirc. I'll go now.

As a previous A Class owner, I have witnessed the derision handed out to A180/A200 & A220 owners that have added A45 or AMG Type Badges!:fail

I just thought that the 4 Matic would even out the other side, I am on the hunt for some descent quality examples! ;)

I know what you mean.

Mine being a C280 petrol, doesn't have CDI on the right hand side of the boot. So I took the C280 off the left as, with the tailpipe on either side, it was perfectly symmetrical other than the C280 badge and I'd nothing to legitimately add to the right, it's not new enough to be a CGI.

On the Porsche engine lid there is no script. Something I like. On the Jag tailgate the left side has an 'S TYPE' badge so I got a 2.5 badge off an X Type and stuck it on the right side. It looks really neat, tidy and symmetrical. Something I like.

I have an AMG badge on the back of mine, but then I looked under the bonnet and there is a 5.5 litre V8 engine in there. So I guess it's OK :)

HMMM, how do we know you didn't add the AMG Badge, then suspecting the wrong Badge Hunters were on your trail, you surreptitiously installed the 5.5 litre V8 in order to throw them off the scent! :rolleyes:

I think we can let you off with the Badge! :D :thumb:

I saw a W205 with only c350 on it. The extra flap gave it away!!

Edit: plus I swear all 520d must come with an m badge on the seat with some glue and a set not-square

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom