Extra row of seats - Mercedes Vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ayzlebydiscovery

Car
Mercedes Vito crew van
I apologise that there has been a few questions asked about fitting an extra row of seats in a Vito but hope someone can help me. I have just taken delivery of a new Vito crew van which was was ordered with 6 cloth seats ( bench front ), but came with 5 leatherette seats and Mercedes claim they couldn't get a replacement until the end of the year, I can't wait that long. Truth be told I really like the two singles up front so I'm happy to look for someone to fit a third row of seats. The van has the two lines of tracks in the floor running to the back door behind the second row of seats, primarily to tie down loads. Asking around I was told that there are a few companies who can install a 3 seat bench style seat in these tracks but the installer I went to has stated that the tracks must be different to normal as he was unable to fit 4 different seat locators in the tracks: has anyone experienced this and could help please.

You need factory seats, don’t fit after market

I'm guessing this is the 447 Vito??
I believe the set up to be the same as the 639 but that is an assumption as I've no experience of the 447.

The bench (2+1) would need to slot into 6 individual locators or 3 floor rails. Unless the floor already has bolt holes to accommodate the fixing of another rail it gets fairly complicated. Insurance approval is another matter.
What your asking about is what is designed into the Traveliner and Viano (or V Class is it is now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom