Extralube additive (ZX1)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJayUK

Car
ML320 W163, E320 W210 & Jaguar X300-XJR6
I have heard some very positive feedback on this stuff and was wondering if anyone has any constructive comments and views. Specifically its value in an engine that has seen more than 110,000 miles, but used daily. Could it provide any value in reducing wear in high mileage engines?

Link to the specific product is below:

http://www.zx1store.co.uk/departments.cfm?id=1

Just wondering what if any benefit, a bottle would do if added to my S320's usual lubricant (semi synth 10W-40, changed every 5,000) or is it an oil channel blocking, waste of hard earned cash!

Best used in fairly new run in engines I would have thought, at 110k there's already a fair amount of wear. This was used on a 5 year old Volvo loading shovel once after having a demo at our works, three weeks later the engine gave up, cost about £8500 to rebuild. Of course it was probably coincidence :confused:

Cars need carefully processed oil to lubricate them, it's what they're designed for. It is highly unlikely that you can add anything to that oil to make it more oily.

Agreed, I wont be using this stuff in my W220. I'll stick to nice fresh "normal" oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom