Extreme badge snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mirras

Car
Range Rover TDV8
Out for a wee walk at lunchtime I saw not 1 but 2 Chrysler 300Cs with Bentley style grills one of which had the cheek to be sporting a Bentley badge.... I wonder how many folk are fooled into thinking a 20 year old E-Class in a new frock is actually a Bentley ( VW in a posh frock )....
:dk::dk::dk::dk::dk:

There's one local to me with the Bentley badges.. Always makes me smile.

I had a 300c as a hire car in America in around 2011... more boring boat i have ever driven.

A friend's mum once saw a 300C and said "Oh look a Bentley".

But for someone to do that to their own Chrysler are just fantasists. Like putting an AMG badge on a 220 CDI :D

I did stick Bentley anti-squeal springs on my Phaeton:

c96BkPZ.jpg

But given they're very similar under the skin, I think it's just about forgivable :D

I've had a 300C hire car in Canada. While the quality of construction wasn't great I did like the 5.7 L V8.

I've had a 300C hire car in Canada. While the quality of construction wasn't great I did like the 5.7 L V8.

ah.. mine was a v6 NA engine...

Sounded nice near the red line though

I think the fact that you can stick a Bentley grille on a Chrysler and get away with it says more about how crap Bentley design is.

IMO Bentleys today are cars for rich chavs.

I think the fact that you can stick a Bentley grille on a Chrysler and get away with it says more about how crap Bentley design is.

IMO Bentleys today are cars for rich chavs.

The Continental seems to fit that.

I had a 300c touring and I thought it was actually a really good car. Towed well, toured well and was easy to keep clean with dogs.

I don't understand the whole Bentley badge thing as it's pointless and tacky. It's a Chrysler at the end of the day. I had a standard grille on mine which looked better in my opinion.

If I had a Chrysler it would definitely have the mesh grille.

I'm a bit of a nob though.

I've seen a C class estate with a CLK badge on the tailgate, not sure what that's about?

Russ

Having seen a few about, I always fancied buying a 300C...

...then I sat in one...

Funny thing this "up badging".

I sat at the right turn traffic light today, looking at a CLK diesel with an AMG badge on the boot, and something on the wings (couldn't see what).

Alongside the CLK pulls up young chappie in his Corsa VXR (actually rather tasty for a small car and with 205bhp).

He glances at the wing badges.

Lights change and off they both hurtle.

Corsa 1
"AMG" nil

I can hear the Corsa driver now, at KFChav car park telling his mates how he dusted an AMG.

A poor show indeed :fail.

Last edited:
lewyboy said:
If I had a Chrysler it would definitely have the mesh grille. I'm a bit of a nob though.

Ha I thought the same before owning one... once I had it I realised it looked better without the mesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom