Extreme badge snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SPX said:
Having seen a few about, I always fancied buying a 300C... ...then I sat in one...

Put together well, made out of lego. The plastics are just ****e

Funny thing this "up badging".

I sat at the right turn traffic light today, looking at a CLK diesel with an AMG badge on the boot, and something on the wings (couldn't see what).

Alongside the CLK pulls up young chappie in his Corsa VXR (actually rather tasty for a small car and with 205bhp).

He glances at the wing badges.

Lights change and off they both hurtle.

Corsa 1
"AMG" nil

I can hear the Corsa driver now, at KFChav car park telling his mates how he dusted an AMG.

A poor show indeed :fail.

I toyed with the idea of badging my E55 up as a E 220 CDI when I had it, I might do it if I ever decide to get a CLS 63.

It's the same mindset that removes Vauxhall badges from their (obviously Vauxhall) cars.

I remember once an ex-colleague telling me how impressed he was with the Bentley estate they'd started doing.

I knew exactly the car he was referring to and pointing out what it actually was - he was surprised.

So I can see where they are coming from but why you would want to make your car appear to be something it is not is a always a bit weird to me.

I toyed with the idea of badging my E55 up as a E 220 CDI when I had it, I might do it if I ever decide to get a CLS 63.

I did too - except I was going to go for E200K instead.

I couldn't be bothered to do it in the end.

Besides the people who up badge or down badge, the only other people who care are...car forum members. Makes one sleepy.

The 300C is effectively a Tesco Value Bentley, not an image I'd be fond of nor could I dare badge it as a Bentley!

That said people don't seem to hesitate to rebadge a car. On hatches it's quite usual to see a random 'sport' badge stuck somewhere on the tailgate.

A de-badged 300C on nice wheels and with a big engine could be quite cool but it is still a 300C! Haha

Like a lot of people I had a 300C in Florida a few years back and it was as if they took away all the good Mercedes parts and replace it with cardboard and badly baked flapjacks.

Was ok to travel in but so is a Dodge Caravan and that's shtie too.

As for being a pretend chav mobile, I cannot think of anything worse.

Bet you these guys love they though....
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
22eb9680da0d013ae435016649802591.jpg

3860f0e86329a36030522d8f17ce8dd9.jpg

I suppose you have to take into consideration that a 300C is a relatively inexpensive car in the US. At not much more than half the price of a E class they will consider it a lot of car for the money.

I had a 300c touring and I thought it was actually a really good car. Towed well, toured well and was easy to keep clean with dogs.

I have never tried to clean a car with dogs. Don't they kick off when the soap gets in their eyes.

Like a lot of people I had a 300C in Florida a few years back and it was as if they took away all the good Mercedes parts and replace it with cardboard and badly baked flapjacks.

Was ok to travel in but so is a Dodge Caravan and that's shtie too.

As for being a pretend chav mobile, I cannot think of anything worse.

Bet you these guys love they though....
People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart
22eb9680da0d013ae435016649802591.jpg

3860f0e86329a36030522d8f17ce8dd9.jpg
Love your hair in that photo , you do scrub up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom