Extreme encounter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
An interesting drive back from Romsey tonight via Whiteparish for those who know it.

I was part way through Whiteparish, cars parked all along the road on the right as usual

I then spotted a white van ahead and instead of him slowing as expected and waiting he carried on at speed straight toward me
I was also almost through the village by then and the white van driver had plenty of space prior to this to pull in.

We both stopped and without any hesitation the passenger jumped out throwing his arms about and started screaming and shouting at me to move "you f'ing C, get out of our f'ing way or I'll do you you C!

I put the window down and pointed out that I had right of way and screaming and shouting isn't the way to deal with things like this

This confused him

" You could see us you C.

You should have f'ing stopped you C now f'ing move or else!"

I pointed out that the driver (bald head, no neck and glaring as he clearly lacked the vocab of his passenger) was sitting higher than me and he clearly saw me first so again he should have stopped.

The passenger then started pacing forward and back like a frustrated low land Gorilla stopping only to offer more verbal threats.

At this point a chap who lived in the village came out of his house and stated fillming the Neanderthal show. Apparently it happens quite regularly!

This displeased our Gorilla impersonator and more threats were then issued to both of us.

The chap filming just said nothing and smiled. I did likewise.

Now our erstwhile Gorilla impersonator was running low on tricks.

The aggressive tactics hadn't worked so a light came on in what passes for a brain.

He returned to the van and pulled out a breaker bar about a metre long and whirled this around whilst trying to threaten me and the chap filming.

Unfortunately he didn't quite have the CPU power to cope with two events so he went back to the aggressive posturing and pacing.

The driver, who by now has just realised they are being filmed and called the passenger back in.

Cue more insults from the cab.

At this point the chap filming and I couldn't contain our laughter 🤣

I felt obliged to point out to the angry man that he wasn't going to do anything because if so then he would have already plus doing anything whilst being filmed and with their van unable to move forward or back before the Police arrived wasn't going to go well for them was it?

Then a lovely young chap who was driving an ASDA delivery van walked up and told them he has dash cam footage of everything that has happened and if they do anything else he will call the Police and hand over the recording.

There was a small pull in to my left so I told the white van driver to reverse and I could then pull in and we could both get out of the village.

No, this was not acceptable so he drove toward me trying to force me back.

When this didn't work he eventually engaged reverse and what passed for a brain and moved so I could go into the pull in.

Both then drove off issuing more threats etc.

It is impossible to understand what causes people to behave like this. I don't care how hard their lives are, how bad their upbringing was etc. None of these are excuses for instantly threatening others in an attempt to get what they want.

Fortunately the vast majority of people I meet are pleasant, rational and agreeable 👍👍

Behaviour born of generations of living in constant conflict and perpetual family turmoil. Your idea of engaging these morons was both fruitless and completely pointless as their only reasoning is tuned to violence. Fortunately for you other folks were present to dissipate the situation by filming the ensuing confrontation. Scary for you no doubt but I’m afraid this would seem to happen more and more often these days. Shame they hadn’t bumped into a number of guys I can think of who would have undoubtedly taken up their challenge. Fair play to you for staying calm in a very difficult situation .

Behaviour born of generations of living in constant conflict and perpetual family turmoil. Your idea of engaging these morons was both fruitless and completely pointless as their only reasoning is tuned to violence. Fortunately for you other folks were present to dissipate the situation by filming the ensuing confrontation. Scary for you no doubt but I’m afraid this would seem to happen more and more often these days. Shame they hadn’t bumped into a number of guys I can think of who would have undoubtedly taken up their challenge. Fair play to you for staying calm in a very difficult situation .
I have to say that if anything I found it both amusing on one level and completely pathetic on another but, strangely I not scary at all.

Any escalation on their part and I would simply have called the police. They were never going to risk that confrontation as I am sure they would not want themselves or their vehicle scrutinised. 👍

Man with metal pole vs 2 ton car. Physics is not in his favour should the two meet.

An interesting drive back from Romsey tonight via Whiteparish for those who know it.

I was part way through Whiteparish, cars parked all along the road on the right as usual

I then spotted a white van ahead and instead of him slowing as expected and waiting he carried on at speed straight toward me
I was also almost through the village by then and the white van driver had plenty of space prior to this to pull in.

We both stopped and without any hesitation the passenger jumped out throwing his arms about and started screaming and shouting at me to move "you f'ing C, get out of our f'ing way or I'll do you you C!

I put the window down and pointed out that I had right of way and screaming and shouting isn't the way to deal with things like this

This confused him

" You could see us you C.

You should have f'ing stopped you C now f'ing move or else!"

I pointed out that the driver (bald head, no neck and glaring as he clearly lacked the vocab of his passenger) was sitting higher than me and he clearly saw me first so again he should have stopped.

The passenger then started pacing forward and back like a frustrated low land Gorilla stopping only to offer more verbal threats.

At this point a chap who lived in the village came out of his house and stated fillming the Neanderthal show. Apparently it happens quite regularly!

This displeased our Gorilla impersonator and more threats were then issued to both of us.

The chap filming just said nothing and smiled. I did likewise.

Now our erstwhile Gorilla impersonator was running low on tricks.

The aggressive tactics hadn't worked so a light came on in what passes for a brain.

He returned to the van and pulled out a breaker bar about a metre long and whirled this around whilst trying to threaten me and the chap filming.

Unfortunately he didn't quite have the CPU power to cope with two events so he went back to the aggressive posturing and pacing.

The driver, who by now has just realised they are being filmed and called the passenger back in.

Cue more insults from the cab.

At this point the chap filming and I couldn't contain our laughter 🤣

I felt obliged to point out to the angry man that he wasn't going to do anything because if so then he would have already plus doing anything whilst being filmed and with their van unable to move forward or back before the Police arrived wasn't going to go well for them was it?

Then a lovely young chap who was driving an ASDA delivery van walked up and told them he has dash cam footage of everything that has happened and if they do anything else he will call the Police and hand over the recording.

There was a small pull in to my left so I told the white van driver to reverse and I could then pull in and we could both get out of the village.

No, this was not acceptable so he drove toward me trying to force me back.

When this didn't work he eventually engaged reverse and what passed for a brain and moved so I could go into the pull in.

Both then drove off issuing more threats etc.

It is impossible to understand what causes people to behave like this. I don't care how hard their lives are, how bad their upbringing was etc. None of these are excuses for instantly threatening others in an attempt to get what they want.

Fortunately the vast majority of people I meet are pleasant, rational and agreeable 👍👍

Did they both have Tattoos, or only one of them ? Was the Union flag or George cross in evidence ? It often is in these situations.

Did they both have Tattoos, or only one of them ? Was the Union flag or George cross in evidence ? It often is in these situations.
I think one can guess the animals residence takes the form of something semi-mobile & that their income is scrappy. No way would the police want to risk involvement or wish to investigate the matter as they might have to enter a no-go fenced war zone.

I think one can guess the animals residence takes the form of something semi-mobile & that their income is scrappy. No way would the police want to risk involvement or wish to investigate the matter as they might have to enter a no-go fenced war zone.

🤣 We once had a caravan stolen by such as you describe. It was recovered by the Police , along with another and a stolen low loader whilst en route to what was described to me as a 'traveller's estate agency' ! When I enquired why the site wasn't raided, I was told that the Police weren't paid enough, and even the SAS would think twice about going in there !

Abundant Tattoos and lack of teeth were observed in both "Gentlemen"

No problem at all. Its the general low life that associate themselves with it .
Sir, I must protest! I have such a flag flying on the front of my house, and I don’t consider myself a lowlife.

In seriousness though my wife was not too keen on it for the reason I think you allude to. However, I feel strongly that we shouldnt let undesirables tarnish it.

Sir, I must protest! I have such a flag flying on the front of my house, and I don’t consider myself a lowlife.

YOU may not..... Take it down and watch propery values soar . 🤣

YOU may not..... Take it down and watch propery values soar . 🤣
Ha ha, well not so much a concern here in Guildford!

To be honest though I wouldn‘t fly a St George Cross (which is a shame) because of the connotation, but the Union Flag I have no qualms about. One of my early memories was the Jubilee in 1977 and since then I’ve always had a fondness for the flag and the red, white and blue. Nowt wrong with a bit of patriotism!

What key opens any lock?

As above! 😂
On an estate where I used to work some of said chaps came by in one of those Warrior trucks. Hooked a chain up to a parked car (actually a customer car of one of the motor engineers on the estate). They literally dragged it out of the estate and down the road to their site. About 1/2 mile. Because the car was locked and handbrake on it left a trail of skid marks all the way to their entrance and the noise was incredible. Not the most subtle of thefts, this was in broad daylight. Unfortunately for them a friend of the owner of the motor engineers also worked on the site. He was also ex 3 Para so went to retrieve it.

Ha ha, well not so much a concern here in Guildford!

To be honest though I wouldn‘t fly a St George Cross (which is a shame) because of the connotation, but the Union Flag I have no qualms about. One of my early memories was the Jubilee in 1977 and since then I’ve always had a fondness for the flag and the red, white and blue. Nowt wrong with a bit of patriotism!
The divisive tactics of the pro EU trolls. Advocates for unity and tolerance i think not. Sore losers to the end.

The divisive tactics of the pro EU trolls. Advocates for unity and tolerance i think not. Sore losers to the end.
A brilliant post to promote unity and tolerance! Respect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom