Extreme sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw this a while ago but I'm still mesmerised by it.

IIRC correctly, they were gearing up for a jump out of an aeroplane somewhere above the Alps in 2009 with only the squirrel suit and no parachute.

Apparently the intention was to create a landing strip on a steep snow covered slope. :eek:

I've not heard any news on this so maybe its proved to be harder than they envisaged.

I saw this a while ago but I'm still mesmerised by it.

IIRC correctly, they were gearing up for a jump out of an aeroplane somewhere above the Alps in 2009 with only the squirrel suit and no parachute.

Apparently the intention was to create a landing strip on a steep snow covered slope. :eek:

I've not heard any news on this so maybe its proved to be harder than they envisaged.

Is some great video.

People have been talking about whether it's possible to land a wingsuit on a slope (think ski jump) for a while, but if it goes wrong you don't get another chance!!!

Some people think that it's possible as there have been a few occasions where a person under canopy has flown together with a person in a wingsuit but the canopy was one of the smallest in the world and the jumper was carrying a lot of weight (that had to be dropped before landing) to equalise speeds.

Nick

i feel sick just watching it!
i hate heights but damn does these people have bottle!

Perhaps you would enjoy something a little less taxing....
How about a nice leisurely stroll along a hillside path while on holiday in Southern Spain ? ? ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DipAaBcrkx8

Last edited:
Am I the only one that wants to try it?

Looks like flying......

i am sure there will be afew that fancy doing this...
it must take some heavy training to be able to do this.

I saw dirty sanshez lads do this out a plane naked.....

looked painfull hehe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom