Extremely P'ed off guy - NEW car keyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ooh that made me wince :mad:

My mate years ago bought a brand new Nova GTE and within a week someone had keyed the whole thing. Just sad jealous individuals I'm afraid that need a good hiding, if they got a job then maybe they too could afford a nice new car.

That happened to me (well, my car wasn't new, but it hurts just the same!) - I think it was one of my first posts on here. It was a sickening feeling, more so because it happened on my drive in a quiet cul-de-sac in a quiet neighbourhood.

Now have multiple cameras setup (that are visible) and have told the local kids there are several more that are hidden - no problems since.

But I think someone has it in for the MG guy - he really should stay up all night with a baseball bat and give the **** a damn good smack. :mad:

Thats prob worse thig that anyone can do to someone's car and yes it really does hurt. Feel sorry for the owner.

I'd imgaine someone would only do an act like this because of jealousy and also having it in for the person and YES they do deserve a good hiding. In one of our MBs whilst it was stationery some skin head with a couple of slapa's decided to splash some nail polish on it (obviously I did not now at time/was unware...) withn 5 mins of incident I was home and luckily noticed itand washed it all off (was very lucky it did not settle/harden or damage the paintwork....). Reason it prob did not harden/settle was because it wa sin thick blotches and it was washed within minutes.

Sad thing si though even if we do give them a good hiding it is us who will go down for it by the law and they will prob get compensation out of us.

Flash

Sad thing si though even if we do give them a good hiding it is us who will go down for it by the law and they will prob get compensation out of us.

Wear a balaclava and then run :D

marcos said:
Wear a balaclava and then run :D

Yeah... back into ur house (when the moran scratches ur car in ur drive and u beat the c*ap out of him after theer and then... heee heeeee :D :D :D

I've just recently had my bonnet keyed. Managed to tcut it so it's less noticable,also someone tried to steal the bonnet star but the alarm went off and the ran away, but the sping in the star was all steched so I had to buy a new one.But this kind of vanalism by a complete stranger makes my blood boil. :mad:

sickening and I dread to think of the cost.

How many new models in the Mercedes-Benz range have the 'nano' paint technology? I don't believe this paint can be applied anywhere other than at manufacture?????

Obviously dealers have the complete range of colours, but NOT the exact same 'nano' paint.

Regards,
John

glojo said:
sickening and I dread to think of the cost.

How many new models in the Mercedes-Benz range have the 'nano' paint technology? I don't believe this paint can be applied anywhere other than at manufacture?????

Obviously dealers have the complete range of colours, but NOT the exact same 'nano' paint.

Regards,
John

Shame MB dont come uop with solution - really they should make all MB Authorised bodyshops have the nano paint technology. To the naked eye we probably would not be able to tell difference but iobviously the paint would not be as durable and to be honest that would bug the hell out of me as we all love our pride and joys...

Flash

Flash said:
Shame MB dont come uop with solution - really they should make all MB Authorised bodyshops have the nano paint technology. To the naked eye we probably would not be able to tell difference but iobviously the paint would not be as durable and to be honest that would bug the hell out of me as we all love our pride and joys...

Flash

Hi Flash
I agree it would be nice, but could the baking temperature of 450 degees fahrenheit be a major hurdle for workshops?????

:rolleyes: Imagine touching the paint to see if it's dry :D Ouch Yup it's dry.

John

glojo said:
Hi Flash
I agree it would be nice, but could the baking temperature of 450 degees fahrenheit be a major hurdle for workshops?????

:rolleyes: Imagine touching the paint to see if it's dry :D Ouch Yup it's dry.

John

Hi,

I did not know it would require heating at that sort of temperature... :eek:

Flash

Flash said:

Flash

Since paint doesnt get polished but rather the clear coat, it makes not one bit of difference what the paint is .... the clear coat is the part that needs the attention.

miro said:
Since paint doesnt get polished but rather the clear coat, it makes not one bit of difference what the paint is .... the clear coat is the part that needs the attention.

Either way the MB Authorised body shop would be expected to have the resoucres/technology but my knowldge on nanao paint tehcology is not in depth or advanced as yours or other members. But you have made a perfectly valid point.

Flash

miro said:

Totally agree, BUT.... The nano clear coat protects the paint and is far more resistant to 'chipping' plus on darker coloured cars it is far more resistant to the horrible 'swirl' marks you get when polishing. Obviously the top clear coat protects the actual paintwork from all sorts of nastys. (quite obviously not louts who get some form of satisfaction out of damaging other peoples property)

There have been countless posts on other forums stating what an improvement the new paint is.

My old 210 was a dark metallic blue and it had more than its fair share of small little chip marks on the front of the vehicle. To date after VERY careful examination I have not found a single chip on the new vehicle after 8 months of driving. This is not a scientific study by any means, but the same driving habits, same roads, same speeds. The car is a lighter colour so I have had to look harder, but there are definitely not any chips.

Unfortunately this is a relatively new paint for Mercedes-Benz and the advertising spill states it will be introduced on E-class vehicles in December 1994. I do however have a Norwegian friend whose S211 has this paint on an October 1994 build and that is the earliest one that I know of??????

******Following extreme tests in a laboratory car-wash, Caza related, Mercedes engineers noted an improvement of about 40 per cent in paint gloss compared to conventional clear lacquers.

Mercedes-Benz also carried out extensive testing on the nano-particle clearcoat in both laboratory and everyday conditions. ''Even after several years of use,'' Caza said, ''the more than 150 test cars involved in the long-term testing program displayed significantly greater scratch resistance and enhanced paint gloss compared to vehicles with conventional paintwork.''*****

As Mork and Mindy used to say,
"Nano, nano"

John

miro said:

This is semantics; when people talk about nano paint, they really mean Mercedes Nano-Particle Clearcoat. But clearly, as far as the owner is concerned, it has nano paint. Who cares, as an owner concerned that a bodyshop should repair their car to the same standard as when it left the factory, whether it is the underlying paint or the clear coat? :rolleyes:

After four years of development work, an innovative new clear lacquer is set to go into series production at Mercedes-Benz at the end of 2003. Ground-breaking nano-technology ensures that the new product is substantially more scratch-resistant than conventional paint. The E, S, CL, SL and SLK-Class model series are the first cars in the world to be available with this new paint system, whilst customers of other Mercedes models can look forward to the increased scratch resistance of nano-paintwork from spring 2004. This new technology represents the Stuttgart-based car maker’s latest significant contribution towards considerably enhancing the already exemplary long-term quality and value retention of its passenger cars.

The paintwork on the latest cars consists of several exceptionally thin layers, which each fulfil different tasks.

The complex painting procedure begins with the phosphating process ...

the cataphoretic dip priming ...

the filler ...

the base coat ...

The top layer (approx. 40 micrometres thick) is formed by the transparent clear lacquer, which provides the gloss and weatherproof properties of the paintwork.

The paintwork of a Mercedes-Benz car thus consists of five layers with a combined thickness of some 100 micrometres (approx. 0.10 millimetres). Each of these coats is the result of a complex development process spread over several years which has seen a team of experts fulfil a number of requirements. In addition to refining the process technology involved, the engineers have addressed key issues relating to environmental protection, quality and durability.

The innovative nano-particle clearcoat, which Mercedes-Benz will become the world’s first car maker to offer from the end of 2003, is a case in point, with over four years of development and testing behind it. The new clear lacquer has helped the engineers resolve the technical conflict of interests between scratch resistance and chemical resistance which has plagued the development of clear lacquer up to now. This new and innovative paint system meets Mercedes’ stringent standards in both respects.

So Flash's observation was indeed correct.

Flyer said:
This is semantics; when people talk about nano paint, they really mean Mercedes Nano-Particle Clearcoat. But clearly, as far as the owner is concerned, it has nano paint. Who cares, as an owner concerned that a bodyshop should repair their car to the same standard as when it left the factory, whether it is the underlying paint or the clear coat? :rolleyes:

So Flash's observation was indeed correct.

Totally agree,
Well said

I also know of someone whose E-class was very badly damaged (very borderline write-off) in an accident and one of his arguements for writing the car off was the fact that NO dealer could respray the vehicle with the same 'as new' paint that was on the car when it was purchased only six weeks previously. (Arguement being he bought the car because of this '''wonderful paint technology'''

(A 4x4 pulled out of a side road without looking). The front of the E-class was badly stove in, plus engine damage. Just prior to impact the car was travelling at 50mph (there must obviously have been some braking) All doors still opened and driver only had slight bruising.

Last edited:
Trick is not to upset people. For some one to scatch T*AT into you paint someone doesnt like you. I know i had it done to a Montego on the bonnet a few years back. A simple key mark yes you can put it down to some drunk punk kids playing games etc.

But that has been done with venom and hatred mate. Especially for it to be done twice. Get it painted up and my guess is it wont be long before its done again. Sorry to sound so negative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom