"F" Prefix in October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barrieeld

Car
AMG
I see the DVLA are releasing these in October, anyone looking to get that special plate?

Anyone know if some have already sold prior to this launch and what ones are likley to go to auction.

F33 DME

Feed Me

Does that mean my two cars that have F plates can now be changed, as my V5 says on both Registration non-transferable

Tpwuk + evdok: no.

SimonsMerc: you're a bit ahead of yourself there - another 5 years to go ;). Good one though.

I'm sure there are lots of nice combis out there. F15 HES?

F4 RTS ( Crass i Know! ):)

what have i missed here? F reg came out in 1988?! in september it will be 58..

Pay attention at the back Jay.
They are talking about the DVLA releasing "old" number plates with the F prefix for sale.

As in F 1 RST

Does that mean my two cars that have F plates can now be changed, as my V5 says on both Registration non-transferable
-

It means the Reg on the car is not transferrable to another car - you can still put another personalised plate on it at any time.

My Mk1 jag has JAS 901 on it - I have had no end of Asian guys and British Jasons trying to buy the car/plate. This is an age related plate from when it was imported as the plate on the car has to be of the same age as the car, however to stop people importing cheap old cars and effectively being given valuable plates they are always non transferrable.

If I were to put a "private plate2 on the Jag it would have to be a non dating plate (pre 1964 A reg) and JAS 901 would be lost, unless I took the plate back off and then it would be reassigned to that car only

Effectively - if DVLA assign a car a number after inport/plate change it become non transferrable, It doesnt stop you putting another plate on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom