F type !!! Or SL !!!! Decisions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gl boy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes ML 350 , E220 cabriolet Amg premium plus , Porsche 968 sports
A month or so ago I was debating on having a new SL , trading in my 2 Mercedes cars for it..... But after driving past the jaguar dealer in Shrewsbury I'm now Tempted by the new f type cab !!! But my allegiance is Mercedes !!!
Always said I'd never have a jaguar , but now I'm not sure !!! Lol , the f types a beautiful car !!!! But it's not a Mercedes !!! So indecisive lol !!!

Last edited:
The jag will be for sale for £5k in 10 years, the sl will still be sort after.

For a reason.

The road testers and car journos seem to be all praise for the F-coupe. If it were me, that is one itch I would have to scratch and least have a test drive to settle matters. After all, and hoping not to start any debate, the loyalty people show a marque is not often reciprocated.

But on a more pragmatic note, you NEED the GL as established in a previous thread, for collecting goods, 4WD for snow and carrying passengers. So unless both Mercs go and you budget for a cheap Jap box4WD to compliment the Jag, you are only teasing yourself.:devil:

You've already got an ideal garage - a 4x4 for lugging and bad weather and an open top for fun and sun.

How about keeping your existing cars. If you need an itch to scratch, how about one of these?

fourwinns_v475_12_run.jpg

For a reason.

Very true , that's my one concern if I change to jaguar , they drop like lead balloons :crazy:

The road testers and car journos seem to be all praise for the F-coupe. If it were me, that is one itch I would have to scratch and least have a test drive to settle matters. After all, and hoping not to start any debate, the loyalty people show a marque is not often reciprocated.

But on a more pragmatic note, you NEED the GL as established in a previous thread, for collecting goods, 4WD for snow and carrying passengers. So unless both Mercs go and you budget for a cheap Jap box4WD to compliment the Jag, you are only teasing yourself.:devil:

That's what I'd do still get rid if the SL & ML ( GL went a few years ago lol ) and hopefully buy a older ML , but then this mY open a can of worms to never ending pockets if I get a bad ML :doh:

You've already got an ideal garage - a 4x4 for lugging and bad weather and an open top for fun and sun.

How about keeping your existing cars. If you need an itch to scratch, how about one of these?

fourwinns_v475_12_run.jpg

Had boats , but no longer have the time for them :mad: wish I had , but a good suggestion lol as I know I'm privileged in been able to have the vehicles I own and have owned

FYI early this years SL350 lease deals were 6+23 £340 inc VAT (10k/yr). Today they're ~£450, but it show's there are deals to be done.

It's a nice decision to be faced with...:cool:.

FYI early this years SL350 lease deals were 6+23 £340 inc VAT (10k/yr). Today they're ~£450, but it show's there are deals to be done.

That's a strange jump of £110 , the popularity of the SL must have increased majorly !!!

Edit: Sorry, didn't hit send and by the time I did there was loads of replies. I have added the quote in so it makes sense.

For a reason.

No Chance.

The F-Type will hold its value well.

I know two people with one, and both are smitten. One came from a new DB9 and said he did it as a downgrade, as he was offered silly money for his Aston, but thinks the F-Type is the better car in so many ways. The other came from a 987 911 C2S as he wanted a bit more of a GT this time round and again says he is seriously impressed with it and prefers it to the Pork and doesn't feel he has lost out on the sporty side at all.

Now that could be 'new car excitement' but they have both had some serious metal over the years and tend to know their biscuits when it comes to cars.

I reckon the Jag will be a blinder and very sought after for many years.

Last edited:
Edit: Sorry, didn't hit send and by the time I did there was loads of replies. I have added the quote in so it makes sense.

No Chance.

The F-Type will hold its value well.

I know two people with one, and both are smitten. One came from a new DB9 and said he did it as a downgrade, as he was offered silly money for his Aston, but thinks the F-Type is the better car in so many ways. The other came from a 987 911 C2S as he wanted a bit more of a GT this time round and again says he is seriously impressed with it and prefers it to the Pork and doesn't feel he has lost out on the sporty side at all.

Now that could be 'new car excitement' but they have both had some serious metal over the years and tend to know their biscuits when it comes to cars.

I reckon the Jag will be a blinder and very sought after for many years.

That's interesting as my friend has also brought one , he too has still got his DB 9 as he used the car daily and it has horrendous milage on it and not worth the p/ex change ( so he says ) ..... He loves the car I've not seen it yet :dk::fail

image-1629809132.jpg

image-1515358677.jpg

image-1982273476.jpg

This is the actually vehicle I'm looking at !!!! Lovely looking but still a jag !!!
Most option boxes have been ticked ;)

Ohhhhhhhhh just googled it on urban dictionary !!!! Is that the right meaning lol ? Could be right Grober lol

The F-Type looks stunning...but am I convinced of robust engineering and reliability, sadly no...it doesn't matter how good it looks, sounds and performs, you got to have product confidence. A quick search shows gremlins already beginning to surface...

F type problems - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

As above I would test drive both, do your research and go with your own gut decision:thumb:

Still a jag though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom