F1 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great job from LN & McLaren again in qually. 👌

The mahoooosive difference between LS and Alonso was exposed once again. Wonder if dad will give him the boot. 😁
Saw something the other day that Daddy Stroll was considering an offer of selling the team to Qatar(?)

Probably rubbish, but then again who knows?

Normal service resumed in qualifying. Excellent result for Lando.

The race for 2nd place could be interesting but the winner is almost a certainty barring misfortune.
I'll probably enjoy my beauty sleep instead of watching it live.

Normal service resumed in qualifying. Excellent result for Lando.

The race for 2nd place could be interesting but the winner is almost a certainty barring misfortune.
I'll probably enjoy my beauty sleep instead of watching it live.
I won’t be watching live, but will watch the recording over breakfast.

Clearly the RB20 is still the class of the field and Max is still quicker than Checo even when it’s tight. Lando reckoned that the RB advantage compared to team papaya, is in the slow corners. Ferrari up to their usual level of ineptitude in the garage/pitwall… The Mercs looked better, but still c. 0.5s off the pace. Might be closer on race pace, with any luck. Really hoping Max doesn’t just scamper off and win by a minute… again.

The joys of not having Sky F1 but BT/Freeview instead so I can record then watch the Ch4 "highlights" instead at our leisure and fast forward through all the pre-race rubbish (and ads!).

The joys of not having Sky F1 but BT/Freeview instead so I can record then watch the Ch4 "highlights" instead at our leisure and fast forward through all the pre-race rubbish (and ads!).
We record the Sky F1 content and watch it at leisure, including spinning through the bits we don’t want to watch etc…

Jeez that was boring.
I try so hard to enjoy F1, but one car and drivers superiority is getting tedious.
Yes, Mercedes and Hamilton had this for a long spell, and that wasn't great for fans either.

Jeez that was boring.
I try so hard to enjoy F1, but one car and drivers superiority is getting tedious.
Yes, Mercedes and Hamilton had this for a long spell, and that wasn't great for fans either.
It’s hardly a new trend though eh Rog? The Schumacher years, Vettal, Lewis, and now Max. It’s up to the others to up their game.

It’s hardly a new trend though eh Rog? The Schumacher years, Vettal, Lewis, and now Max. It’s up to the others to up their game.
True. But its been 2 years since Red Bull had the lead on everyone and nobody is getting closer. And this season is no different.
That's close to 50 races hoping things will change, and they don't.

True. But its been 2 years since Red Bull had the lead on everyone and nobody is getting closer. And this season is no different.
That's close to 50 races hoping things will change, and they don't.
Totally agree. Always seems to take a major Regs chance to shake the bag. McLarens turn next. 😁

At least when Merc were 'dominant' there was some rivalry within the team. With Red Bull, that is not allowed and never has (multi 21). Max is unchallenged or he gets in a right strop, and the rest of the F1 pack are pretty much nowhere. Not trying to be disrespectful to Checo, but for him to be 10-sec ahead of the rest of the pack indicates just how much advantage the RB20 has over the field.

Without Red Bull, today's race was interesting.

What are the thoughts on Daniel Ricciardo's return to Alpha Taura?
It's a dog of a car compared to a couple of years back when Gasly was getting good points with the car, but Danny has been really underwhelming this year. I feel this could be his last season in F1 with a few excellent up and coming young drivers waiting for their chance.

What are the thoughts on Daniel Ricciardo's return to Alpha Taura?
It's a dog of a car compared to a couple of years back when Gasly was getting good points with the car, but Danny has been really underwhelming this year. I feel this could be his last season in F1 with a few excellent up and coming young drivers waiting for their chance.
Totally agree. My fav F1 fun guy but his inconsistency isn’t doing his future any favours. ☹️

Danny needs to pull his finger out. Bit of a rookie error on Sunday; moving right whilst looking left is not very smart driving for someone with his F1 experience. With his performances so far this season, may have already stuffed up his chances of returning to a top level team.

Jeez that was boring.

The race was still a race - but it was a technical race of one dominant team that was going to win and a trail of teams nuancing position via tyres and pit stops.

The two people I watched it with just didn't get it - and I can't see them ever watching F1 again.

The race was still a race - but it was a technical race of one dominant team that was going to win and a trail of teams nuancing position via tyres and pit stops.

The two people I watched it with just didn't get it - and I can't see them ever watching F1 again.
So much depends on what the viewer expects from an F1 race. If they are expecting touring (banger) car style racing but faster, they will be disappointed. F1 has for a long time (always?) been a technical sport. Current F1 cars are very highly technical. In addition, the drivers and teams are all highly capable unlike in the past where some were and some really were not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom