F1 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fernando signs up for another 3 years at Aston Martin.
I doubt there was ever a seat for him at RB or Mercedes.

Alonso has had his chances in the top teams. Still a very talented driver, but not really one for the future IMHO.

Alonso has had his chances in the top teams. Still a very talented driver, but not really one for the future IMHO.
I agree.
In the circumstances I don't blame him securing a seat for £ x million over 3 years.
He was a bit unlucky being in a Ferrari at the time Vettell and Red Bull were almost unbeatable.
Another WDC is only a dream now.

I agree.
In the circumstances I don't blame him securing a seat for £ x million over 3 years.
He was a bit unlucky being in a Ferrari at the time Vettell and Red Bull were almost unbeatable.
Another WDC is only a dream now.
But he was lucky (fortunate) to be at McLaren in 2007 when they had a (potential) championship winning car. That season did him no favours.

But he was lucky (fortunate) to be at McLaren in 2007 when they had a (potential) championship winning car. That season did him no favours.
True Ant.
Much as he comes across as an OK guy, I can't forget Singapore in 2008 when Piquet Jr deliberately crashed.
Nobody will make me believe Alonso didn't know what was being concocted in his favour.
Blatant cheating like that, much like M Schumacher's antics tainted his achievements.

True Ant.
Much as he comes across as an OK guy, I can't forget Singapore in 2008 when Piquet Jr deliberately crashed.
Nobody will make me believe Alonso didn't know what was being concocted in his favour.
Blatant cheating like that, much like M Schumacher's antics tainted his achievements.
It can’t be a coincidence that Alonso has on multiple occasions, failed to deliver a WDC when sat in a top car. Yes he’s a World Champion, but IMHO he’s not all that some crack him up to be.

He won Le Mans twice (2018 and 2019), but there were no other factory LMP1 cars in the field. Porsche won it in 2017, but then withdrew from the top category. So Alonso only had the other Toyota to beat on both occasions.

All that said, he is pedalling the Aston Martin pretty well (notwithstanding his dirty move in Melbourne, compounded by Russell looking at his steering wheel expecting Alonso to be up the road a bit). Last weekend in Japan, he used Piastri to good effect to frustrate Russell for the second race in a row (that was smart racing).

I agree, but team managers would rather employ an a$$hole of a driver that wins everything .
In a world where it’s all about keeping the stakeholders and sponsors happy to keep the money flowing in, winning is all that counts. All top level professional sport ends up this way when those with really big bucks turn up. Check LIV golf.

Sadly, I think MotoGP will suffer as a result of the recent takeover by Liberty Media.

In a world where it’s all about keeping the stakeholders and sponsors happy to keep the money flowing in, winning is all that counts. All top level professional sport ends up this way when those with really big bucks turn up. Check LIV golf.

Sadly, I think MotoGP will suffer as a result of the recent takeover by Liberty Media.
Liberty have said that they will not change Moto GP, we'll just have to see how long that hold true for:dk:

PS. Is LIV golf any different from a VW Golf? The VW is the only one I would recognise!

The Moto GP stars put on a spectacular show in the US race yesterday. Great racing, thrills and spills, many possible winners and edge of the seat stuff.
It has given Liberty Media a great springboard for the growth of MotoGP in the Sates and worldwide. Let's hope they capitalise on that, after all, liberty and media are both the their title. :dk:

I've read in a couple of different sources that Ricciardo has just two races left to save his seat before Marko puts Liam Lawson in his place.
It will be a shame to see Danny bow out of F1 but I think he is done now and the chances of getting a winning car (RB) have gone for good.

Last edited:
On Monday I went down to a village just outside Silverstone to take some parts for the 'nut and bolt' rebuild of our classic Formula Ford car.
I originally build the car new in 1979 here in Norfolk for a young South American driver.

4e898131-306a-4f6f-af43-1051db8ae011.jpg
The car won championships in period and has won the Classic FF championship 3 times in the last decade. It really was due a major birthday.
It is being rebuilt this time by a South American for an English driver.
That South American mechanic just happened to be one of Alonso's mechanics during his F1 championship years at Renault, so I was able to see from the quality of the work, that the car is in good hands....

On Monday I went down to a village just outside Silverstone to take some parts for the 'nut and bolt' rebuild of our classic Formula Ford car.
I originally build the car new in 1979 here in Norfolk for a young South American driver.

View attachment 155794
The car won championships in period and has won the Classic FF championship 3 times in the last decade. It really was due a major birthday.
That South American mechanic just happened to be one of Alonso's mechanics during his F1 championship years at Renault, so I was able to see from the quality of the work, that the car is in good hands....
Not heard of Jesus Savez, was he any good? 🤭

Last edited:
I've read in a couple of different sources that Ricciardo has just two races left to save his seat before Marko puts Liam Lawson in his place.
It will be a shame to see Danny bow out of F1 but I think he is done now and the chances of getting a winning car (RB) have gone for good.
Danny has not so far outperformed Tsunoda. Meanwhile Perez is using the Red Bull to run in second fairly often...

Hard to see why Red Bull would be putting Danny Ric in a seat anytime soon. I like him and he was mustard in F3, but he really hasn't delivered in F1.

View attachment 155794
What's the right angled open ended bar mounted immediately in front of the damper unit's top mount?

Anti-roll bar?
Possible, although it looks like it's only connected at the inboard end. Perhaps the drop links have been removed
dk.gif

Possible, although it looks like it's only connected at the inboard end. Perhaps the drop links have been removed
dk.gif
I don’t think the drop link have been put on yet. They usually have a clamp on one end so that they can be positioned along the bar during setup for anti-roll stiffness/leverage adjustment.

I don’t think the drop link have been put on yet. They usually have a clamp on one end so that they can be positioned along the bar during setup for anti-roll stiffness/leverage adjustment.
Yes, correct! We would not normally fit the roll bar links on until the car has been on the flat patch for set up. Once the wheels are pointing the right ways, the spring platforms will be adjusted to get the corner weights correct, as below:
IMG_0587.JPG
Once we have the car without cross weight, we adjust the links and fit them so they do not preload these settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom