F1 a wasted sunday afternoon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
wifes got the flu so i watched the grand prix never again until the new rule changes come in next year i think bodywork changes are coming in to try to make the turbulence from the lead car a bit smoother then the following car can maybe get closer and try to overtake i think they should go back to steel brake discs as well to make the braking distance longer anyway i shall record the remaining gp's on the pvr and watch them at 32 x speed it only lasts 4 minutes ----brilliant

Hmmm, steel brakes don't make that much difference, and if everyone has them, well it wont make any difference to the racing.

Bernies idea about taking the points away from drivers, and just allowing it for teams is a good one. That way, each position has an effect for the drivers. Most wins in a year, means best driver, means champion, means overtaking at any stage in race and not settling for a position as the next one up means something. Points don't make prizes.

Having said all that, streets circuits always have a procession so why go to one?

Big wide tracks, that people can race about on is the way to go.

Well, if you only watch when your wife has the flu hopefully you'll not see another this season :D

Seriously, I think it a little unfair to judge on the one race (which I admit was not the most engaging), there have been numerous very close and exciting races this year.

Rule changes always add a little sparkle for a few races, untill the teams learn how to compensate. It really comes down to the drivers and how charismatic their driving style. Unfortunately the current crop are all rather "safe".....

Rule changes always add a little sparkle for a few races, untill the teams learn how to compensate. It really comes down to the drivers and how charismatic their driving style. Unfortunately the current crop are all rather "safe".....

Agreed. It appears to have stopped being a dangerous sport. Not that I want to see people hurt, but motor racing is meant to be a risk sport, not safey, safey.

I think if they removed aerodynamic aids it would make the racing much closer and more entertaining.

broken bone in his foot and some bruising on his back.

ferrari said

I'm suprised he didn't suffer anything more serious. Slow-mo'd on the Sky+ a few times and I thought he may have a broken back!

As for the racing, this year has been quite good. Valencia is not the best round to judge the season on.

Not heard what the stewards have decided on Massa ??? Anyone know?

From the F1 website...

"It resulted in a reprimand for the Brazilian and a hefty €10,000 fine."

From the F1 website...

"It resulted in a reprimand for the Brazilian and a hefty €10,000 fine."

And if it had been a McLaren incident?

There would have been a drive through and if they even thought about appealing then they'd get a 10 place grid penalty as well ......

Stewards chickened out.

This wasn't so major but yet again F1 demonstrates the taint that covers it. Basically pit lane safety is only slightly more important that press conference punctuality.

i shall record the remaining gp's on the pvr and watch them at 32 x speed it only lasts 4 minutes ----brilliant

I PVR them all now. I'm not going to waste a Sunday afternoon on a race these days. I set the PVR up and start watching about 25 minutes after the race starts. (I ignore the hours worth of lead up). If it is really boring I can go off and cut the lawn and look up the result on the web - or if it looks more interesting I watch it with a reducing time lag as I skip the ads to catch up.

Well, if you only watch when your wife has the flu hopefully you'll not see another this season :D

Seriously, I think it a little unfair to judge on the one race (which I admit was not the most engaging), there have been numerous very close and exciting races this year.

point taken about the drivers F1 used to be exciting senna banging wheels with prost mansell banging wheels with everybody i went to see the british gp when our nige demolished them in the williams and he even stopped on his parade lap to pick up senna who had run out of fuel on the last lap ahh those were the days LEWIS YOU DONT KNOW YOU'RE BORN

Last edited:
banging wheels stopped when refuelling was re-introduced. now its a series of sprints.

I was there when Our Nige picked up Senna, I have an excellent photo of the front and rear wing of the FW14, and a blokes head blocking out the rest of the car.

What I did like about Valencia, is they were prepared to put money into the local facilities to attarct major sporting events, which attract income to that area. And we still seem to be banging on about not paying a penny more for the olympics, and look at the publicity China just got.

Why is it, every other country is proud of its natural heritage and wants to show it off to the world, and the nambypamby liberal lefties we have here keep saying we should embrace the other cultures and not spend anything on sports.

Maybe one day soon, people will stop listening to do-gooders, and get on with making Britain Great again.

Well, I'll be watching the night time race, should be interesting - especially if Ferrari keep cocking up the pit stops - they obviously need as much illumination as possible.

Mike

banging wheels stopped when refuelling was re-introduced. now its a series of sprints.

I was there when Our Nige picked up Senna, I have an excellent photo of the front and rear wing of the FW14, and a blokes head blocking out the rest of the car.

What I did like about Valencia, is they were prepared to put money into the local facilities to attarct major sporting events, which attract income to that area. And we still seem to be banging on about not paying a penny more for the olympics, and look at the publicity China just got.

Why is it, every other country is proud of its natural heritage and wants to show it off to the world, and the nambypamby liberal lefties we have here keep saying we should embrace the other cultures and not spend anything on sports.

Maybe one day soon, people will stop listening to do-gooders, and get on with making Britain Great again.
not guilty your honour its more than a 100,000 to 1 it was my head

Well, I'll be watching the night time race, should be interesting - especially if Ferrari keep cocking up the pit stops - they obviously need as much illumination as possible.

Mike

I can see the problem, wasn't the Italian flag once said to be a white cross on a white background?:D

And Ferrari race in the national racing colour of......The USA.

And if it had been a McLaren incident?

There would have been a drive through and if they even thought about appealing then they'd get a 10 place grid penalty as well ......

Stewards chickened out.

This wasn't so major but yet again F1 demonstrates the taint that covers it. Basically pit lane safety is only slightly more important that press conference punctuality.

Yeah - and all the points earned in 08 (up to now and through to the final race) docked. And all next year's points docked. And the entrire Mclaren team forced to help the nice Ferrari team develop their 09 car. Etc

And Ferrari race in the national racing colour of......The USA.
Hm. White with blue stripe is our color.

However, I'll say this is possibly the best racing season in many years. I love a parade, but this year there's been things happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom