F1: Battle to the death. Discuss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobby Dazzler, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ML AMG-line Black Series
    Last year Ferrari and Maclaren were caught up in an epic battle to the death, and since then their relative performance seems to have been hampered, possibly because development of the 2009 cars were put on ice in favour of eeking out every last drop from the 2008 cars.

This year it looks like Brawn and Red Bull are caught up in a similar battle which will most likely take the fight right to the last round again, so could they fall into the same trap?

Might it allow Mclaren and Ferrari - or another team - to leapfrog the competion in 2010?

Is just following a very cleverly written script?

Is F1 like WWF with Kevlar instead of Spandex?

Discuss.

2. ROBB

ROBB Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2001 W203 C220 CDI Estate (Rare Manual!)
    personally - i have lost all interest in F1; id rather watch snooker!!

It used to be a sport where the best succeeded, whether through engineering or skill/bravery. Bernie has succeeded in killing the soul of the sport imho

3. wemorgan

wemorgan MB Club Veteran

Car:
    A205 C220d
    I feel that Brawn's 2010 development will be dictated by a potential lack of sponsors.

I'm hoping for a last round climax, as for the first time ever I’ll be there at a live GP.

Does anyone know what is happening to KERS in 2010?

4. EdmundIJones

EdmundIJones Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes C270 CDi
    FOTA agreed to put KERS on hold for next year so nobody will use it. However, they kept an option to review this at the end of next season I beleive.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr E

Mr E Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    57 W211 E280 AG
    KERS will still be allowed next year - Williams have not yet ruled it out and at least one of the new teams is talking to McLaren Mercedes about it for 2010.

FOTA agreed its non-use among its members, but that membership did not include Williams or the new teams at that time. Tech regs have not changed, so although I'd be surprised to see any cars with it next year (especially with the extra fuel weight they'll be carrying at the start) it can't be ruled out.

1 person likes this.