F1 compulsory text??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
41lvdv%2BxTWL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/234933/1/brawn-lined-up-to-succeed-ecclestone-as-f1-chief.html

scoop courtesy of our own Stratman

With the rumours of Ron Dennis being booted out, what better a replacement?

I'd love Ross at McHonda.

I've been McLaren crazy since I was a boy Bob. It pains me to watch their current form. Just goes to show its not all about money. It's about the right people. Amazing facility in Woking, great budget but not won a race since Brazil 2012. :doh:

Pinning my hopes on 2017/18. They'll be some party in this house next time we get a win I'll tell ya. :bannana:

I've seen it mentioned in the press that Ross has said he would like to Ben involved with F1 but not anyone team. To add fuel to the fire there are reports that he has signed a contract with new F1 owners, Liberty Media, to run F1 and succeed Bernie.

I've seen it mentioned in the press that Ross has said he would like to Ben involved with F1 but not anyone team. To add fuel to the fire there are reports that he has signed a contract with new F1 owners, Liberty Media, to run F1 and succeed Bernie.

I hope it's true Gav. I think he'll be great in that role. :thumb:

Erm...did you read post#1

Brawn would be good for the sport, and popular in the paddock. I think having an engineer's insight will help make decisions which are in the interests of the drivers, teams, and especially the fans.

Blimey, No harm done. :thumb:

It's just not acceptable unless you have read every post fully and revised the entire forum before you commit to a post.

Take life more seriously and stop enjoying yourself, for god's sake man.

:D

John, I keep telling myself to start being more negative, less happy & more judgemental. With practice I'll come good. I promise. :p

I reckon this is basically a rearguard action by Bernie perhaps negotiating a "severance package" :rolleyes:
quote :-
The 61-year-old former Mercedes F1 boss [ Brawn] told BBC Sport he was doing some "consultancy work" ;) ;) for Liberty Media, which is in the process of buying a controlling stake in F1.
and
Many insiders believe he [ Ecclestone] will be replaced by at least two executives - one to look after the commercial side of the sport; [ Liberty media??] the other the sporting side.[Brawn??]

Time will tell I guess

ps even he doesn't get/want the job it would still appear Ross Brawn is likely to be in a position to influence what the future of F1 will look like under its new owners------meaning Total Competition may still be a useful read.:dk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom