F1 Team Travel 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Farmer boy

SUPPORTER
Car
S205 250 AMG Line
2017 season finished with some exciting racing. Mercedes dominant but Ferrari on the up.

Just completed my team travel spreadsheet. For the season. Used flight info from
my daughter who is one of the Renault engineers. Based on my daughters flights on return to Gatwick after this weeks test she will have flown 124,223 miles which is about 4.98 times around the equator.
With more races next year it will be look at the mileage again and perhaps total travel time

May I ask for your daughters hand in marriage please? Please? Pretty please?

Yes, the F1 travel schedule is insane!
I used to do up to a dozen international races and at least the same number of business trips to Japan years ago and sometimes got to spend 2 whole weeks of my year above 35,000 ft.o_O
On the plus side, I could take the whole family to California on holiday with the air miles....
Whilst it can be great fun to sit in Club class for a few flights a year, the flights do take their toll.
This year will be the first since the 60's that I have not left the country:) Ah! bliss:D

My mate was head of F1 production at mclaren a few years back, he only went to 2 grand prix :D

My mate was head of F1 production at mclaren a few years back, he only went to 2 grand prix :D
This is often the case with the production team, many do not get to see their car run.
Although my daughter attends every GP she is glued to her computer and no longer gets to see the race.
The French magazine L’Automobile in the December 2016 edition carried an interview with her La Bosse des Maths. In it she talks about her path to F1 and the work. The article finishes a statement about not seeing the cars just the computers. The statement is in size 26 letters.

Why ? You will never see her at home !...er hold on, maybe it's not too late for my wife to apply for an F1 job :rolleyes:

I'd goto work with her all around the world. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom