Fab late W208 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
it might just be the side skirt, but that bottom shut line on the door looks about an inch wide!

too many negatives in the description for my liking:

No timewasters, tyre kickers or enthusiastic test pilots.
The vehicle will only be released on clear funds.

Oh and:

Extreme performance & luxury, professionally remapped to 372 hp & 410 lbs

+

never raced

yah ok :D.

I'm struggling to see linguatronic in the pics. Also we cannot properly see the console around the shift lever but I'd like power rear blind and power folding door mirror buttons there too!

soo cheap... i could easily have this if it was not for insruance.... ANGRYFACE lol..
the 208 cost me this like 4 years ago..

Not something that inspires confidence when you search for insurance....

5v15.jpeg

Looks like its had a tap up the rear, the shut lines on the boot do not look great.....

Not something that inspires confidence when you search for insurance....

DVLA have the details:

The enquiry is complete The vehicle details for GV02 KNZ are:
Date of Liability 01 08 2011 Date of First Registration 28 06 2002 Year of Manufacture 2002 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 54329CC CO2 Emissions 289g/Km Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Licence Not Due Vehicle Colour SILVER Vehicle Type Approval M1 Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £143.00 12 Months Rate £260.00

Chord, I meant no insurer would insure ME on the car :)

Swift (current provider) will let me have it at 930 quid, which *ISNT* terrible considering although they weren't massively happy about me possibly doing 25k a year in it and demanded a tracker be fitted.

Happily it was all just "what ifs" so they don't have to worry :)

Looks like a nice one to me :)

Will

Too expensive and I agree looks like a rear end tap or shunt to me too, + remapped and never raced c'mon :D one to give a swerve to me thinks there's better examples out there.

I think to be fair you've got to compare apples with apples :)

The 208 CLK55 is a pretty rare car - circa 200 odd sold overall in the UK. The early 209s are not of quite the same quality IMHO and certainly not as special as one of the AMG models.

All used cars have their pros and cons - the one on this thread looks and sounds quite nice to me - not many '02 CLK55s out there. It has a good spec and sounds like its in very good condition.

I'm sure you could pick up a tired one with rusty arches, cheap tyres/tatty wheels, low spec, dead pixels in the instrument cluster, faults, lipped/worn discs etc for 2/3k less - you get what you pay for I guess - horses for courses :)

Any way up, ~ £7k for a 2002 car that would have been over £60k isn't bad value in my eyes, and the seller says he's open to an offer :cool:

A lot of car for the money :thumb:
Will

Too expensive and I agree looks like a rear end tap or shunt to me too, + remapped and never raced c'mon :D one to give a swerve to me thinks there's better examples out there.

not really... the m113 can take a bit of ragging..
you must have some special eyes i cant see anything wrong with this car..
who buys a 2nd hand car and dont get there mechanic to give it a oil change and service straight off the bat. i dont trust anyone.

not really... the m113 can take a bit of ragging..
you must have some special eyes i cant see anything wrong with this car..
who buys a 2nd hand car and dont get there mechanic to give it a oil change and service straight off the bat. i dont trust anyone.

If I have special eyes then so do the two other posters on page one who also can see the shut lines are wrong,I wouldn't even waste the time going to see this if I were buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom