Fabian Coulthard's lucky escape - Bathurst 2010.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Just been watching the repeat coverage of the Bathurst 1000 from Mount Panarama in Aus. It's a fabulous race which I have watched since I was in my teens.

However, this one had a spectacular event on the opening lap where a tyre let go at the worst possible part of the track. See what you think. :eek: And he walked out without a scratch on him, thankfully.

[YOUTUBE]ZwPgPqTMeco[/YOUTUBE]

Says a lot for modern safety systems that he walked away from that. Although I guess there was no rapid deceleration, which is normally the biggest issue.

I love the Bathurst too a fantastic race I have watched since my teens, nasty roll but a great testament to the motorsport engineering and safety systems on the car. Thanks for sharing as I not got round to watching it yet.:thumb:

Get MotorsTV on right now!!!

It's hard to imagine how much of that wreck might be reusable. Not much, I bet. Best just to throw it all into the nearest skip!

The in-car camera was about the only bit that was still working, which is testament to the quality of the camera kit as well as the structure around it!

Fabulous, fabulous race. One of the few reasons to look forward to October!

Last edited:
''You can fix cars mate'' - Not that one!!

From memory though, there are a lot worse places at Bathurst to have that big an accident. At least he had the required space to survive it.

A fan's view

[YOUTUBE]FOglYmlZ15E[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom