Fabsil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bayman57

Car
C Class convertible Premium plus AMG Line Hyacinth red 360 cam ivory/black
used fabsil on my soft top ...great at water beeding and protection but ive noticed that the rain from the roof running down the screen makes the windscreen not smooth anymore as there is resistance when the wipers are on and they now judder !! seems the only way to stop the judder ( and new wipers purchased) is to wash the roof with a strong detergent then re apply a roof protectant solution that wont make the screen " dry " !! and cause restistance . anyone else had this issue ?

used fabsil on my soft top ...great at water beeding and protection but ive noticed that the rain from the roof running down the screen makes the windscreen not smooth anymore as there is resistance when the wipers are on and they now judder !! seems the only way to stop the judder ( and new wipers purchased) is to wash the roof with a strong detergent then re apply a roof protectant solution that wont make the screen " dry " !! and cause restistance . anyone else had this issue ?
I can only see the Fabsil affecting the windscreen if you flicked it all over the screen ? Maybe just wash then clay bar the screen .
I use Fabsil and have for years on the CLK and never had that problem .

Reactions: Ted
I can only see the Fabsil affecting the windscreen if you flicked it all over the screen ? Maybe just wash then clay bar the screen .
I use Fabsil and have for years on the CLK and never had that problem .
ive got a clay bar got it from halfords but it seems a bit useless is there a top grade one ? cheers

i masked off windows screen etc etc . ive tried white vinegar , detergent , alcohol , etc but after all that you can still see the screen beeding and when you rub your finger over the glass there is resitance which the wiper blades pick up when sweeping the screen im certain its the fabsil running down the screen from the roof ?

I’ll let one of the experts chime in buddy

Did it rain before the Fabsil had time to dry when you treated the roof ?
Some say use turps to remove from windows.

Did it rain before the Fabsil had time to dry when you treated the roof ?
Some say use turps to remove from windows.
No it was dry for a few days . i am thinking perhaps the wiper arms tension may be too tight ? ive tried white spirit etc

another possibility is i use autoglym shampoo wax car cleaner then use autoglym hydrophobic coating perhaps that has got on to the screen from the bonnet . will be using just a bog standard shampoo from now on to see if there is any change

screen now sorted and no wiper judder ... used a mild cutting cream to completeley decontaminate screen . silent wipers !!

I use a very very fine wire wool to clean the screen and other glass on the car when need be .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom