Fabtech induction for the 55K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cb1965

Banned
Car
N/A
Anyone have any experience of the Fabtech induction system on a 55K engine.

Does it bring any genuine improvements or is it really just engine dressing?

I have an 82mm throttle body to go on the car and I was wondering whether to go for the Fabtech system which can be supplied to fit the 82mm body.

Yes I run or ran the fabtech induction on my e55.
I liked the extra 'induction' noise and the car seemed to pick up more when I had it installed. But as for dyno results there was no marked improvement, but that could just be down to my engine was on the way out.

Yes I run or ran the fabtech induction on my e55.
I liked the extra 'induction' noise and the car seemed to pick up more when I had it installed. But as for dyno results there was no marked improvement, but that could just be down to my engine was on the way out.

Thanks,

Did you fit it yourself? Is it relatively simple to do?

Thanks,

Did you fit it yourself? Is it relatively simple to do?

We have a used Carbonio Intake for sale if you are interested. It was only on the car for a couple of months and was taken off to fit a Weistec kit. It is for an 82mm TB.

We have a used Carbonio Intake for sale if you are interested. It was only on the car for a couple of months and was taken off to fit a Weistec kit. It is for an 82mm TB.

Its one of these

55_Series_Carbon_4b450837b2be5.jpg

Now that is tempting, but have they solved the quality issues with fit and finish? Seen some horrible pictures from the US where the airbox has discoloured yellow and believe there have been issues with it leaking air due to not being able to make a proper seal onto the throttle body.

The reason I was looking at the Fabtech was simply it seems a much simpler solution and I haven't read anything negative about it.

I know the discolouration issue is not a performance issue, but we may as well have the engine bay looking like the rest of the car.

To be honest if none of these systems improve the performance much and I can find a way to get the throttle body to mate with the stock system then I may as well stick with what I have.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom