'face lift' C200 dash display question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazman

Car
C200
Hi there. I am new to this MB way of life having taken delivery of my first Merc last week, a C200 which is the 'face lifted' model.

I am slowly getting to understand how things work inside the car, however on the dash display (inside the speedo) more often than not I get an image of the near side of the car with no doors in place. The rear seats are highlighted and below that are 3 pictures of 'passengers' sat in seats. It looks very nice but what the heck does it mean?

It doesnt stop me driving off and after maybe 10 seconds is goes away. At first I thought it might be a seat belt warning, but surely this would only show if I had passengers in the back.

Im sure you guys here can give me an answer.

You user manual will show what all the cluster symbols mean, the rear seat belt warning does not only come on with occupants in the back.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply npuk. I have been through the manual too many times now and no where does it show the image I am seeing. Should I post a picture of it to clarify?

The seat belt warning is a small red illumination that is in the rev counter and not in the central speedo display screen.

On my pre facelift the Illumination in Rev counter is fro the front seats, but I get a message about the rears everytime in the display, it dissapears after a few seconds or press the OK button and it goes. Alternatively leave the rear belts fastened.

Is this a W203 or W204? What year? Or is it a brand new W204 i.e. 2011?

Too much of a MB newbie to know if its W203, or W204. Its a 2011 and was delivered last week so I assume then that its a W204.

Yes I do have the option for split folding rear seats. Being a fisherman its a must for ones tackle :)

Too much of a MB newbie to know if its W203, or W204. Its a 2011 and was delivered last week so I assume then that its a W204.

Yes I do have the option for split folding rear seats. Being a fisherman its a must for ones tackle :)

The reason I say this is because if the seat backs are not secure I think a warning comes up on the display? :dk: Try fiddling about with the seat backs a bit. Fold them down and then place them in the correct upright position making sure they are locked in place and see if that helps. Failing that, considering its a new car take it back to dealer to check for any electronics faults?

I think a call to the local dealer might be the answer.

Thanks everyone who contributed. A nice welcome for a new guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom