Face lift conversion 2004 w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Well Tuesday was a busy evening,

Helped a good friend and forum member do a facelift conversion to his w211 e320 cdi.

Here are some pic's

merc85-albums-w211-facelift-picture10714-facxelkift2.jpg

After

merc85-albums-w211-facelift-picture10712-facxelkift.jpg

merc85-albums-w211-facelift-picture10713-facxelkift1.jpg

He ordered it off ebay, Complete with fog's and colour coded.

It took us 6 1/2hours due to having to transfer and glue the PDC's sensor's in place as the holders supplied and bonded to bumper were incorrect, Also they sent us 2x left hand fog lights doh!!

The colour match is good as was the Spray job. Panel alignment wasn't to bad for a aftermarket unit but not perfect.

Final result looks good imho :rock:

I need friends like you :D top job!

Cheers Abb, looks good for a Oil burner doesn't it lol ;) Although i think it now needs a nice Carbon Splitter.

merc85 said:
Cheers Abb, looks good for a Oil burner doesn't it lol ;) Although i think it now needs a nice Carbon Splitter.
Oi oi stop spending my money merc85 lol, thanks for your help bud. And yes it looks the nuts for an old German taxi

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Looks very nice.

Am I right in thinking the bumper was ordered already painted?

Any links to suppliers, I searched ebay but could only find primed and genuine ones?

Looks very nice.

Am I right in thinking the bumper was ordered already painted?

Any links to suppliers, I searched ebay but could only find primed and genuine ones?

Hi, Yes there was a Option when ordering for the bumper to be Sprayed to "your" colour code of choice. Turn around was around 1 month for Delivery.

I will see if you can get a link for you.

Hi, Yes there was a Option when ordering for the bumper to be Sprayed to "your" colour code of choice. Turn around was around 1 month for Delivery.

I will see if you can get a link for you.

Seems a perfect match too..

Well done to you. Top job!

looks good mate, ive seen it driving around local to me, look forward to seeing the new look

pmcgsmurf said:
Looks very nice. Am I right in thinking the bumper was ordered already painted? Any links to suppliers, I searched ebay but could only find primed and genuine ones?
For any body interested in this item the eBay number was 142266891709, it isn't a straight forward swop over but with a bit of patience, blood and sweat oh and of course a good friend. The end result is well worth it. You will need a face lift grille and a facelift bonnet catch handle

__DownloadState

For any body interested in this item the eBay number was 142266891709, it isn't a straight forward swop over but with a bit of patience, blood and sweat oh and of course a good friend. The end result is well worth it. You will need a face lift grille and a facelift bonnet catch handle

Thanks, you have me thinking now. ;)

I had my bumper painted (fading at parts) on the '04 plate W211 E220 when I did the Torque Convertor, front suspension and freshened the headlights up etc. in '15.

The bumper is peeling already where it has be re-done so this would be a nice option.

I'd be worried I'd order the wrong parts though and have to start cutting these and drilling holes to get them to fit.

How has the paint held up on the bumper?

Thanks, looking at that ebay item just now.

Need to find a grill if I go down that route.

Also what to do with the parking sensor holes as mine doesn't have this unless I can add it.

Is the bonnet mod just plastic handle in the grill?

Later bumper , later Grille ,later Handel, Re PDC cant you specify non pdc style?

Pat, they are a different shape to the oem bumpers , if you cant find a oem one then it should be ok.

regarding PDC, fit some old sensors in, just leave them unconnected :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom