Face Lift Conversion W207 to C207

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PSMERC

Car
mercedes e class
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and looking around seems like a nice place. I have an E Class convert and have been thinking of doing a face lift conversion. i have tried to find someone on this forum that has already done it but had no joy. I have found a bumper and a pair of headlights going for a reasonable price being £1000, I called the person and they were willing to drop the price to £800, but I am wondering how much work is involved. So if you can answer the following I would be grateful.

Will I spend £800 and then have to spend more to do the conversion as i want to do it myself.

Has anyone done this conversion already by themselves, how was it?

Will this increase the value of my vehicle? (my friends reckon it will)

Any pros or cons to this conversion?

So you are looking to do a facelift to a C207 from the 2009-2013 model to the 2014-2016 model?

Not sure where W207 comes into it, so just wanted to be clear.

Getting the parts is one thing, he re-wiring and updating of the command modules etc is another. The rear is also different in that bumpers and lights changed, and also needs re-wiring and modules replaced.

You then have all of the interior to do, dial binnacles, internal facia, centre console (are you going to try to change it to a stick shift?)

There is a large thread on one of the other forums where someone in Sweden has done most of the facelift and it has cost thousands of Euros and months to complete.

As for will it increase the value of the car. Maybe, but not by the amount you will have spent on it by quite an amount.

I wouldn't like to get the insurance quote, all those modifications .. I wouldn't bother just buy a later model, it'll work out cheaper and be a lot less hassle.. But it's your car and your money so if you want to do it do it.

I believe the thread-starter is only looking to freshen up the front of the E-class as that is where the biggest difference is.

I recall Wheelerdealer face lifting from the front an old range Rover, took years off it and they painted it white.

Here is the thread of someone doing lots of the facelifting http://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...ew-facelifting-retrofit-project-e550-cab.html

If only doing the front end, then I very much doubt it would increase in value. Would even perhaps make it harder to sell as you need to find a buyer who is willing to take it in that state.

I wouldn't say the front end is the biggest difference. The rear lights are very different and so is the centre console.

Wheeler dealers also refreshed the rear end of that Range Rover and did some of the interior as well. Wasn't just the front end but did make it look newer than it was.

Like many, I actually bought one of the last of the pre-facelifts as the newer front end is a dogs dinner in comparison (personal view). Would have liked the newer rear end though.

At the end of the day, its the OP's car, so hopefully the linked thread will help them decide what they want to do. Good luck if you do change it.

Dealers and anyone wanting to buy a brand such as Mercedes, aren't stupid

Modifications lower the value IMO, if I see a car with a mod then it's the first excuse I'll have to barter with on the price

Anyway back on track, wiring and programming will be your biggest headache if it's anything like the W204 pre/facelift. Headlights, either go OEM or check out WP Lightings website, Chinese seller. They sell most headlights, you may need a converter cable from the new lights to your cars harness, these are circa £70 from Kabeldaviko

I don't know anything about your model so as far as any DRL's needed, again just pick up a 2nd hand set or a copy, and if needed buy a DRL controller for circa £15

Bodywork wise again I don't know the model, but obviously OEM is the way to go, I don't know what fits and what doesn't with those

Don't be put off by it, if you want to do it go ahead. But don't expect to take it to mercedes or a half sharp garage to try and sell it as a car that it isn't :thumb:

Wow right, all I can say is thanks to you all you have made up my mind 100% and i am not even going to attempt to do a facelift. I keep hearing people talking about doing facelifts so i thought it was a common and simple thing to do, but judging by your responses I can see the headache which i do not need. I was just looking into the facelift as i prefer the newer headlights, but if i buy them then i have to get the bumper and i came across a cheap lot all going brand new on Gumtree so thought i would ask, but all your info has helped, I will keep my car the way it is Thanks :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom