Face lift headlights on pre facelft ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mjb007

Car
W203 C180k SportPack
Hi I am in the process of buying my wife a 2000 cdi ml but it has the hazy headlights and was wondering if I can fit the 2001> face lift clear headlights to the pre facelift without any problems or is it just remove and replace
Thanks for any advise

They fit physically , but you have to be pretty creative with the wiring and they have to both be from the same car to get the adjusters to work as there are 4 pin lights and 5 pin lights.

A competent auto elec will do it ( one did ours )

Howard said:
They fit physically , but you have to be pretty creative with the wiring and they have to both be from the same car to get the adjusters to work as there are 4 pin lights and 5 pin lights.

A competent auto elec will do it ( one did ours )

Thanks for the help

Probably you may need different control units. E.g. the 2009 W221 S-Class facelift has new headlamps, which need different SAM Control Units.

But I never facelifted ols MLs. Maybe you may not need them. Just keep it in mind.

As per my previous post , they fit physically and a bit of tinkering with the plug wiring is all that is needed as long as you make sure the lights have the same amount of pins.

We have a prefacelift ML with facelift lights fitted.

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom