Face Lift w210 220cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc_forever

Hi Guys

My sister in law is looking for an estate merc and wants a diesel. There is a 2001 w210 220cdi with 47k. I took it for a drive today and observed a few things.

When I started it there was ALOT of vibration also the preglow light did not go out for a long time, say 2 mins. Is this normal? I called without phoning so it may not have been started in a long time. What should it idle at when cold?

Also I know the w210 has rust issues, I did observe rust around the boot but nothing too severe around the wheel arches. My question is, did they address some of the rust issues when they facelifted the w210 in 2000?

Anything else I should check/look for?

Thanks
Ryan

The car has a glowplug gone, the idle should be about 800rpm and MB didn't do anything to improve paint on facelift cars.

That's low mileage for the year - does the interior wear and tear stack up?

Yea it is very clean inside - full service history (not main dealer) with sensible mileage increments.

Plenty of MOTs to verify the mileage??

5k miles a year?? I take it that is one owner?? Can't see you getting two owners both only doing that sort mileage.

Also call Mercedes UK and ask them when the last time they saw it, they can't tell you exact figures but they will tell you if they saw a year ago with 150k miles on it.

1 owner

yes MOTs with mileage - i think it is kosher, hpi is fine. Just this rough idle/vibration on start that im not so happy with. DOnt have much experience with diesels so not too sure.

Ryan

Could be knackered injectors??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom