Face lifting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
stats007 said:
I'm with you here - I don't see the point of fiddling with cars to look newer. If you want a facelifted car buy one - investing more time and money into something you're not happy with just means you'll be stuck with it for longer. The 'facelift' if you do it will probably get boring after a few months anyway.

I didnt get bored, I found it to be a great learning expience. Unfortualty I dont have cash to sell my car and buy a newer version of it, thanks to eBay etc I have managed to update for a low price.

Before I started:

pre.gif

And after the Facelift:

post.gif

I know which I prefer :):bannana:

kensalriser said:
Agreed. Cheaper and easier to buy what you want first time around!

Apart from a few minior external cosmetic changes the face lift and pre-face lift W220s look very similar BUT face lift W220s carry a much higher premium of up to £3000/3500 over a pre face lift one!

Couple of hundred quid on a set of rear face lift rear lenses would be a small modifcation but make a big difference and still give the owner who may be on limited budget spare change in their pocket!

Flash said:
Apart from a few minior external cosmetic changes the face lift and pre-face lift W220s look very similar BUT face lift W220s carry a much higher premium of up to £3000/3500 over a pre face lift one!

Couple of hundred quid on a set of rear face lift rear lenses would be a small modifcation but make a big difference and still give the owner who may be on limited budget spare change in their pocket!

Your exactly right. Unfortunately I can't afford a face lift model, so some original lenses sourced off the internet some where will give me the look I'm after on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom