Facebook Bankers Secretly Cut Facebook’s Revenue Estimates In IPO Roadshow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whoops.

I wonder how that will pan out...

Well - if Goldman Sachs were involved - nothing would surprise me. Remind me again which bank advised the Greek Government on how to "massage" the books before submitting their entry into the Euro....wouldn't have been this bunch of bankers, would it?

Facebook as an investment is the same as investing in snake oil.

Facebook as an investment is the same as investing in snake oil.

Have to agree, I just can't understand/agree with investing in companies that don't have a tangible product or assets (by tangible I mean things that I could touch/pick up/sell).

Facebook is just a way of:-
1 collecting marketing information about people.
2 targeted advertising to people
3 charging businesses for accessing the people and information
In short it is just a big old fashioned mailing list, abeit one with a higher hit rate.
Putting information into Facebook is mainly wasted time imho.

So a lot of greedy people who expected to make a killing with the expected demand for shares after allocation, have been dissapointed. As Windsor Davies used to say, "There, there never mind"

Suckerberg himself said this was all out allowing staff and "early investors" to cash out. He had no interest in this IPO so left it all to those who very clearly had highly vested interests. The outcome was inevitable.

Take no notice of the share prices over the next few days, all about late settling trades and short sellers covering their positions. Give it a week or two and the true value of Facebook shares will become very, very, clear.

US politicians have already jumped aboard the "How can this be?" bandwagon and the only winners will be law firms who specialty is US Securities and Regulatory issues.

The only surprising things are that (a) anyone thought they could still get away with this sort of nonsense and (b) retail investors are still idiots.

Wasn't there a saying about "a fool and his money are soon parted"?

Seems very apt in this case, only there apppear to be a great many fools out there:rolleyes:

The only surprising things are that (a) anyone thought they could still get away with this sort of nonsense and (b) retail investors are still idiots.
True enough, but you missed one: the biggest surprise is that anyone is surprised :rolleyes:

This might just be a sham to get mark to offload more shares and to dilute his voting right. I read today he started to sell his shares too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom