FACEBOOK FBML & Image Maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
I've set up a company facebook page and have a couple of basic custom tabs using the FBML app - which is ok but i wanted to make it a bit snazzier but aligning several jpg images isnt easy ( for me ) and I heard about putting a single jpg up which can be image mapped to allow various sections to be used as links to various parts of our main web site. I have been trialling adobe Illustrator cs5 and have created a neat image which AI can also embed image mapping into. This works perfectly fine when tested on my regualr website but .. transfering the very simple code to the facebook page cause facebook to display the image jpg but ignore any image mapping. I heard about a site called image-maps.com but that doesnt work and i have spent hours and hours trawling the interweb trying to find a solution that works. I believe using css style sheets is one method - remotley called from our web server but i cant get it to work. Does anyone have any knowledge of facebook coding/ FBML that could point me in the right direction please? I can do very basic html coding but beyond that I need a bit of hand holding.. thx

Learning a bit of CSS will benefit you more in the long run than doing image maps. Image maps were "hot" ten years ago...

Have a look at the CSS properties of the Facebook page the images are going in to. Unless Facebook allow you to create your own CSS class you will have to use what is there already. If there's a Facebook forum for FBML I'd look there

Nick Froome

I managed to get the image-maps tool working - used google chrome in the end. I just pasted the generated css code into my facebook FBML app and voila a snazzy new welcome page with 7 links on a single jpg image ... not sure if i'm allowed to post the link .. pm me if interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom