Facelift A45 AMS Induction Fitted with Dyno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
Facelift A45 AMG 4Matic for an AMS Induction, Supplied and Fitted by us!!!

Stock:
358.57 Whp (401.60 Bhp)
333.41 Wtq (373.42 Ft Lbs Torque)

AMS Induction fitted:
364.40 Whp (408.13 Bhp)
334.02 Wtq (374.10 Ft Lbs Torque)

[YOUTUBE]NCi80qGptrQ[/YOUTUBE]

Nice car, but was it worth it? Less than 7bhp.

Nice car, but was it worth it? Less than 7bhp.

AMS website quotes +20 bhp gains.

Unless modern ECU can adapt to such increase in air, the car may need a remap to fully benefit from the new intake.

Or AMS overstated the gains.

AMS website quotes +20 bhp gains.

Unless modern ECU can adapt to such increase in air, the car may need a remap to fully benefit from the new intake.

The ECU may adapt but, when I fitted my intakes, I had it mapped by Big Fish @ MSL. No noticeable gains, but so much smoother. :thumb:

Or AMS overstated the gains.

They wouldn't do that would they. :eek:

Oh, hang on...

They will probably have some disclaimer in the small print saying that "up to 20bhp extra will be gained provided that" and then give a long list of extra conditions.

Mine was installed as a gateway to my next mods, so not too bothered about the lack of improvement initially, looking at long term stuff really, and an intake is usually a good start.

Nice car...every little bit of HP helps!

Would rather spend the money on a tuning box or map, or have some have said the first stage of a more comprehensive tuning package.

On its own 7bhp is not a great selling story

JLR1969 said:
Would rather spend the money on a tuning box or map, or have some have said the first stage of a more comprehensive tuning package. On its own 7bhp is not a great selling story

I can't think of anybody ever fitting an induction kit for gains, it's mainly the sound people want

My first car, an XR3i the first thing I did was fit a K&N and how it roared! Absolutely no difference in power but it was worth the £80 odd quid

So standard showed just over 400bhp at the flywheel .... ?

That is a lot over what MB quote ....

The ECU may adapt but, when I fitted my intakes, I had it mapped by Big Fish @ MSL. No noticeable gains, but so much smoother. :thumb:

They wouldn't do that would they. :eek:

Oh, hang on...

They will probably have some disclaimer in the small print saying that "up to 20bhp extra will be gained provided that" and then give a long list of extra conditions.

Mine was installed as a gateway to my next mods, so not too bothered about the lack of improvement initially, looking at long term stuff really, and an intake is usually a good start.

What intake do you have ?

What intake do you have ?

This one: -

Alpha_Performance_Mercedes_Biturbo_Intake_System_14.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom