Facelift C63 Ride Comfort?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swizzer2020

Car
E63
Hi All

I had a 2018 e63 estate on 19’s which had such a firm ride I traded it in. The air suspension was so stiff. Does anyone have any idea of how the facelift C63 estate on 18‘s compares in terms of ride comfort? I hear the comfort setting is now calibrated for extra comfort, and that combined with the increased tyre sidewall of the 18’s leaves me thinking it may be better than the e63.

Anyone had any experiences they can share?

Thanks

I haven't had a pre facelift E63, but I had a facelift C63 saloon for 4 months while waiting for my new C63S. The ride on the saloon on 18s and MPSS tyres was pretty good. Better than the new E53 I spent the last couple of weeks driving in the US.
My C63S ride on 19/20s is surprisingly good also. Not as smooth as on the 18s but really not bad, better than my old C63 Estate on 19s, and I think better than the E53 as well, which surprises me. Maybe the E53 needs to be firmer to control a heavier body, but I would usually expect E to ride better than C.

My view point is from a S204 C63 Wagon. The first thing I did on mine was to change the 19s to 18s, both had Goodyear Eagle F1s fitted to them. The 18s feel so much better in terms of comfort, the car feels more compliant and the handling and grip to me feels better. In terms of looks, 19s all the way, however the ride is much firmer and crash.

19s:

C63.jpg

18s:

20220318-085342.jpg

Awesome whip 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom