Facelift parts for pre conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Apart from the obvious. Bonnet, bumper, lights, grill. What else is needed? Also would go oem with bonnet and bumper but would go with the plug n play eBay headlights.

Ask Lee. He's just done a FL conversion

Ask Lee. He's just done a FL conversion
Yeah I just looked back at his post but it didn't shed any light. Just wondering if you need to change bumper carrier as well. Maybe he'll chime in soon.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to sell and get one ?
Just wondering not suggesting?

Probably not a lot in it. Problem is ive done a reasonable amount to mine. So to sell mine I'd need the right buyer or go through the trouble of putting back to standard. Then if I got a facelift I'd have to start all over again.

Reason for me wanting to do it is I love the facelifts in white but not so keen on the pre facelifts in white and was thinking about having mine wrapped.

IIRC the DRLs will cause you issues. They need coding and a possible new sam unit, am sure Lee will be along shortly to keep you right.

You can get a harness for lights from a place Calle Kabel Daviko (Germany).....if you need adapters to go from pre facelift to facelift xenon lights.

Bumpers slot straight on.
Bonnet will need different catches as they are a different shape.
The grill is also slightly bigger on the facelift

If you get plug and play lights from e bay you won't need a SAM

You might need a new headlight switch too as you won't have front fogs anymore....

You might run into problems if you already have xenons installed (as most c63's do) as the plug and play lights only work on cars with halogen installed, you'd have to enquire about that one

As lee says Kabeldaviko has any wire you'll need, but unsure about the plug and play lights- which are brilliant by the way I had some

Possibly ask the guy at Kabel if there's such a wiring adaptor that will work from prefacelift xenon to facelift xenon (there IS an adaptor) but you'd also need to ask the maker of the lights if this would be possible

See if you can get the lights from WP Lamps, I'll try and find the emails I had from them but Mark is the guy to speak to from there. There are of course other makers of the lights but don't get sucked into buying the lights with the giant C LED light as they look pants!

You can get a harness for lights from a place Calle Kabel Daviko (Germany).....if you need adapters to go from pre facelift to facelift xenon lights.

Bumpers slot straight on.
Bonnet will need different catches as they are a different shape.
The grill is also slightly bigger on the facelift

If you get plug and play lights from e bay you won't need a SAM

You might need a new headlight switch too as you won't have front fogs anymore....

Lee. When you say new catches for bonnet. Is that it? Or do you have to change hinges, rams etc. Also im assuming all the headlight washers on the bumpers all match up ok with no trouble?

Looks like the only thing I'll have trouble with is the lights and drl's.

Last edited:
Lee. When you say new catches for bonnet. Is that it? Or do you have to change hinges, rams etc. Also im assuming all the headlight washers on the bumpers all match up ok with no trouble?

Looks like the only thing I'll have trouble with is the lights and drl's.

Just the catches for the bonnet......

The headlight washer"covers" are a different shape so you will need them too.

My new headlights came with the washer units so I cant confirm if they are the same.

These were what appeared to be the best non OEM headlights i could find.

Facelift Conversion Headlights Mercedes Benz C-Class W204 (2007-2012) | Automotive Gadgets

Lee C63 said:
These were what appeared to be the best non OEM headlights i could find. Facelift Conversion Headlights Mercedes Benz C-Class W204 (2007-2012) | Automotive Gadgets

I looked at that price and initially thought what a rip off. Then read down and it's all wired for a car with xenon already as opposed to halogen, they seem a real good option. Might save on some different cables apart from the only one that should be needed (pre FL xenon to FL xenon harness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom