Facelift r230 sl SMS problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

N7USY

Car
R230 SL350 2010
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so hope all is as it should be.

I have just purchased a 2010 sl350 and I am having problems with the SMS feature. I can see the car supports this, but it will not let me select this feature. I took it into MB Leeds and they said it could be iOS 7.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?! It's not life or death, but it is annoying seeing the car support this feature, but not being able to use it.

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

On your phone you need to make sure that Notifications are turned on. By default it's set to off. Also you can only see/read texts sent to the car after it connects.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately everything is as its should be on my phone. Notifications are on, and the handbook says that it reads out SMS messages. It also has an option for SMS readout speed.

Am I looking in the wrong place on my phone? I have gone into notification centre and made sure messages are obviously on (set to alerts). I have also gone into Bluetooth, and into MB Bluetooth, and all the options are ticked (sync contacts is on, groups - phone favourites and recents - both ticked, and all contacts ticked).

I have nothing else I can possibly turn on. Any ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom