Facelift w204 C63 - track cooling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No , its a seperate part

s-l300.jpg

This is why we developed the duct. The main design flaw in the c63 is the gap between the top of the rad and the front of the car. See below
img_2977-jpg.91029

Air will always take the path of least resistance , so rather than go thru the fins off it pops up and over .

So this was designed

img_2987-jpg.91037

Tada! Air actually goes thru the fins , and the multiple rads that are in the front of the car.

Does this part do anything for the oil temps? That’s what I see raise most on the road on my facelift. I’d like a way to get them down when moving.

Does this part do anything for the oil temps? That’s what I see raise most on the road on my facelift. I’d like a way to get them down when moving.

Yes , the part I helped develop forces air through the rads

How do we get a group buy on this? To be honest I don’t care if it’s carbon, I’m happy with plastic or FRP as it’s hidden.
Get my a number of how many you want and Ill get you a price that keeps on lowering?

I put this groupbuy out on Facebook C63 AMG UK group and not much interest.

I am happy to order one if someone starts a list here.

I put this groupbuy out on Facebook C63 AMG UK group and not much interest.

I am happy to order one if someone starts a list here.

Most likely because you can make your own for half the price they were at, a sheet of 3mm carbon, cutting and a bracket costs no where near £200 to make. A full sheet of carbon alone is £30-40 (can probably get 3-4 made from one sheet), cutting to dims about the same for a company to do it so a bracket for £120 haha

I would beg to differ on that. Carbon is a bit of a pig to cut as the fibres are quite spikey and the dust is bad for health.

The bracket is a genuine MB item that has been adapted.

You are not paying for someone to knock up a one off in a back garden.

Its had R&D time
Its had someone order, store, machinery bought, cut, package and pay electricity on it.

Based on your above statement nothing is "worth" anything like retail.

If you want one cheaper - like anything in life , make it yourself. It you want the professionals to make you one and spend R&D then you pay the price.

I would beg to differ on that. Carbon is a bit of a pig to cut as the fibres are quite spikey and the dust is bad for health.

The bracket is a genuine MB item that has been adapted.

You are not paying for someone to knock up a one off in a back garden.

Its had R&D time
Its had someone order, store, machinery bought, cut, package and pay electricity on it.

Based on your above statement nothing is "worth" anything like retail.

If you want one cheaper - like anything in life , make it yourself. It you want the professionals to make you one and spend R&D then you pay the price.

I have made one myself which I did a long time ago after people started doing them on mbworld and like on there it cost no where near that, it was even cheaper for me due to a friend who works with carbon but he gave me the costs it would take for anyone to do and laughed when I told him how much the others were. You are obviously going to say different because the company who did yours is the company who is selling them.

I am telling others on the forum its not hard and is alot cheaper to do yourself. If others need help to do it ill provide them with the template, show them where to get the material, to get it cut if they cannot find one local and how to affix it in place.

I have made one myself which I did a long time ago after people started doing them on mbworld and like on there it cost no where near that, it was even cheaper for me due to a friend who works with carbon but he gave me the costs it would take for anyone to do and laughed when I told him how much the others were. You are obviously going to say different because the company who did yours is the company who is selling them.

I am telling others on the forum its not hard and is alot cheaper to do yourself. If others need help to do it ill provide them with the template, show them where to get the material, to get it cut if they cannot find one local and how to affix it in place.

Yes please! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom